Need help ASAP, fuse short

dimixtron

cbhxb
Jan 22, 2008
Downey, CA
super51fan;1986803 said:
Do you own a multimeter? If not you need to get one. I suggest a fluke dm115, cheap only $145 on amazon. Easy to use. Even has min-max at this price. Gutting a car to look for wiring issues is as dumb as looking for a needle in a hay stack with out a metal detector. The same thing with a DVOM for finding wiring issues. Your eyes also, things that look out of place should raise concern.

Yeah I know, but the reason I was going to gut it anyways is because I'm going to redo the interior. So may as well remove it while trying to search for the issue. Two birds one stone, or in my case more like 6, 7, or 8. I do have a BluePoint multimeter that I'll be utilizing.

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Once you get the dash out of the way you'll be in just about the best position possible to clean up your wiring underneath it. Pull the trim panels underneath it, the right and left kick panels, the console, the glove compartment, remove the nuts to lower the steering column, and it's all there in front of you. Anything in the wiring which looks wrong probably is.

When I started diagnosing and correcting the problems in my '88 it was a disaster due to PO "modifications" and "repairs". I'm talking vacuum lines tied into coolant lines, hot wires connected to nothing, others tied into multiple other circuits and held together with just electrical tape and gravity. The best advice I can give is to just take on one specific problem at a time and work through it before moving on to the next one. Once you know you've got that one correct you can eliminate it as a potential issue when resolving other problems.

dimixtron

cbhxb
Jan 22, 2008
Downey, CA
Just to keep everyone updated; still have not found the source of the short. Have found some frayed wires but nothing that causes the vehicle to short and lose power to the fuel pump. So we shall see with further attempts.

On another note, does anyone have an extra line + fitting that comes from the abs actuator to the front passenger side brakes? Only need the line from actuator to the first connection. I replaced my lines with stainless braided and that fitting which connects to the braided line is completely stripped and cannot be used. Junkyards in my area have no Supras either so any help would be greatly appreciated. Just PM me if anything. Thanks