My Standalone Dilema. PLEASE HELP!

mr_240sx

Aug 17, 2008
Ontario
www.613driftwerks.com
hi guys,

well really unsure what standalone to go with.

i own a jzx90 Mark II with 1JZ GTE.

mods that i will have for standalone are as follows:

550 injectors
T4 60-1 .57 ar
FMIC
Walbro 255lph pump

im hoping to get a tad over 400rwhp. anyways i have no clue when it comes to standalones. Heard lots and lots of good things from Power FC but for JZX90 they seem next to impossible to find and the ones you find are $$$.

i talked to Aaron at driftmotion and he mentioned the stinger. anyways i thought wow $900 pretty good. well turns out its nor really $900 as i need a $2XX harness. also unsure if ill need a boost controller or if the stinger controls boost as well.

AEM EMS seems overkill for what i need.

basically its a drift car that is also driven on the street. will be running 94 octane fuel. basically looking for a simple standalone that is reliable and easy to tune by a professional tuner. i like the idea of the Power FC because of the commander and how it acts like 10 gauges in 1 kind of deal. i hate having gauges all over the car.

basically i guess im stuck between Power FC and EMS Stinger. what would you guys pick if they were same price?

also is there any other management units that seems to fit what i need/want that i dont know about?

1 last thing, it must allow me to keep AC.

Mats

Mk3Les

Heres my take on it,
It may be a better idea to talk to the guys who are going to tune you car and ask them what they like to work with and why they like it. Theres not much point in getting a Stinger and taking it to a tuner who hates working with them.
Anyway good luck with it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I like the stinger for my MKIII and the guy that tunes it loves it. He saids its the easiest ems he's ever worked with. The 200.00 for the plug and play harness is money well spent in my book, but you could probably hook it up yourself if you wanted to save the money. Good luck.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Seems like you are focusing on price to much. $1100 for a standalone and harness is extremly cheap. Getting it tuned CORRECTLY by a tuner that knows thier stuff will be roughly 25% - 40% of that price.

As for picking an EMS. You really need to know what you need. Not want, need. Big difference! There is a link in this subforum with just about most standalones out in the market today in North America. Read what each can do and see which one does what you need (again not want!) to finish your car.