my poor car!!

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
well i just did a MHG and i just did that and i put the car together today and once i turned it over it started no problem!!! but the i heard a bang and then my car turned off and all the oil that i just put into my car eneded up on the floor!!! now my question it the bang sounded like a pop like a hose but im not suree.. would any of you guys know what this might be?? i havent got a chance to lift the car to look underneath it but if any of you guys know or if this every happened to you lmk!

Last edited:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
BHG.

But seriously, where is the oil coming from? Front, drivers side, pass side, rear?

Is everything hooked up correctly? (IE vent hoses on top of valve covers...)

That sucks. Getting something put together and then having to do it all again is FTL.

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
check your oil filter gasket. I work in a lube shop and that happens more often than it should unfortunately. Pull it off and check for a proper seal on the mounting plate

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
^^^ well thanks guys well i jacked up the car today and i found nothing underneath!!! but i started to take the turbo hoses out. oh and the oil was leaking from passenger side. i looked at the oil filter gasket it was fine. so i looked some more and i took the turbo out and i looked at the gaskets and it was turbo feed line!!! the brass gasket was cracked! i guess it was over tightened.

i started the car after and now the fuel reguator went all wack!! it sprayed out gas like a fountain!!

everytime i seen to fix something, something else breaks!!!

well thanks for all your input.

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
thats cause you did not replace the seals and gaskets related to all that stuff

when you do a HG job its on YOU to replace that stuff and you got too otherwise you will have to do this stuff all the time.

make sure you replace all the hoses!

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
^^^ well i did replace all the gaskets and all the brass washer also but most of the brass washer i had got were defects!!! they all leaked!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
or you didn't torque them correctly. ;) or didn't install them correctly. ;) too many variables to simply blame on gasket defects.

that's just my opinion, though.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
^^ yeah i know. atleast it started :) hahhaah but yeah i took most of the bolts i had done and re-torqued them lastnight.

i just hope that nothing else breaks!!