My mistress getting fixed again.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
So i get to fix my car again, but now she will sit, while I go off to bootcamp. But maybe you guys can help me out find the real problem. I was driving on the hw and went to pass someone and had the gas pedal barely down only hitting 0psi on my gauge. Then it spiked to 10psi. Now after I realized that my gauges were reading wrong I pulled over to see wth was going on. Now there was a different sound coming out of the exhaust and near the downpipe, it sounded like it had some nice ass cams in them lol. But unfortunately I do not have cams in it. My mods are blitz exhaust, hks downpipe,cxracing elbow, 3'' mishimoto intercooler, and 3'' pipping all around, and apexi intake, with new head gasket.

photo 1.jpgphoto 4.jpg

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
well while im gone im sending my turbo out to Albert to get 57 trim, and the head to get new valve seals and cam seals. Also with some other goodies like DM AN turbo lines, new valve cover gaskets and grommets, DM 7m pulley set, and 6 iridiums

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
And i just bought DM new ct26 wastegate for 11psi, HPS radiator hoses and redoing my interior with horsepowerfreaks dual pillar pod with AEM UEGO and prosport boost gauge. Maybe you guys can find anything that can be wrong?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
laxboy36;1889367 said:
Maybe you guys can find anything that can be wrong?
Well that spark plug picture you have posted in your initial post doesn't look promising to me... lot of oil on that, not to mention the electrode strap looks melted to me.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
how can i stop the oil from getting into the spark plugs? bc when the head goes to the shop again, its getting the new valve seals and cam seals. What could be the problem?

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
whats your guys opinion on getting the head 1mm oversize valves, mild port like gasket match both intake and exhaust with the 57 trim turbo. Is it too much for the bottom end with 133k?

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
laxboy36;1889403 said:
how can i stop the oil from getting into the spark plugs? bc when the head goes to the shop again, its getting the new valve seals and cam seals. What could be the problem?

Those big hex plugs in the center spark plug valley. Some of them seal coolant/oil. You can just get some o-rings and put them in to replace the oem 3rd valve cover piece. Also oil can leak out the sides of the valve covers.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
laxboy36;1889403 said:
On top of the spark plug, replace gaskets (valve covers most likely) or make sure the valve covers are snug (NOT over tightened). if oil is on the bottom of the plugs, it is likely blowby, leaking valve stem seals, etc.

laxboy36;1889552 said:
whats your guys opinion on getting the head 1mm oversize valves, mild port like gasket match both intake and exhaust with the 57 trim turbo. Is it too much for the bottom end with 133k?
Head work isn't cheap on the HP/$ scale, BUT it is very nice to have, and is usually pretty noticeable. Also as a bonus, you should flow more air at the same boost pressure. Bottom end should be fine as long as it is in good shape. :)

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
Yeah the head work is about $1000 but thats 1mm ferrea oversize valves, new valve seals, cam seals, gasket match intake and exhaust. and 11psi wastegate ct26 from Albert.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
laxboy36;1890266 said:
Yeah the head work is about $1000 but thats 1mm ferrea oversize valves, new valve seals, cam seals, gasket match intake and exhaust. and 11psi wastegate ct26 from Albert.
Can't complain about that man. I paid my buddy $800 for porting my head if I remember correctly. I think it was a little more extensive than just gasket matching, but still. All of what you posted for $1000? Money well spent IMO.