My '89 Dark Blue Turbo Collision Repair Project (Unplanned..)

Not knowing the condition of the frame, would you personally:

• Part the car out (30K on built 7m, seamless r154, etc.)

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Sell the car in current condition

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Make this a long-term collision repair project (my choice)

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Can't decide without inspecting the extent of the damage

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
SURUKO;1217857 said:
hi good to see you happy again wish you good luck with your build (already suscribed) pretty white supra there ...........please keep the good stuff going....

good thing with the girl wish all comes great ...

thanks man...I hope to have a good update later this weekend.

Nice looking color on your supra! pretty far away too, huh?

By The Way, my PARTOUT THREAD IS HERE.

Help me sell this stuff!!

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
:3d_frown: hey bud! i didnt know that it was turbofreak blue supra. School starts next week for me, at the end of the first week if i have sometimes i'd shoot down your place to see wats going on. But wow, poor that blue beautiful supra. That car was my motivation and Loki's. Cant see pics at work but i'll be home to check them out.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
akito;1220488 said:
:3d_frown: hey bud! i didnt know that it was turbofreak blue supra. But wow, poor that blue beautiful supra. That car was my motivation and Loki's. Cant see pics at work but i'll be home to check them out.

:icon_surp Thanks man.

And you dont wanna see the pics... :nono:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
A little motivation for you. It's still a work in progress, but you should get the idea. When I got my car, it was already a parted out shell, by way of TooStand. I totaled out my grey car, and swapped almost everything on it to the parted out shell. I used the opportunity to GO BIGGER! The only things from this red car that are still there are seen in faded red. I swapped over the entire drivetrain, entire interior (every single piece), whole back end (hatch, tails, spoiler), both bumpers (front is new shine), wheels, and many other pieces. I used the hood off of my parts car, and have also added a couple of body mods.

Here is some advise for you. Don't get in a super hurry. While you have the motor out of the white car, send it to the body shop, and have the bay sprayed. I am SO glad I did that! It makes the bay look so much better in pics. Here's a pic of the body awaiting a high quality custom paint job, and a picture of the ever changing engine bay at some stage before completion. Note the sprayed bay, hood undercover, and windshield cowling (with hard to see in pics red clear)

p1220570_1.jpg

p1220570_2.jpg

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Just went through the whole 5 pages. remember what i told you when you came over to look at my swap. 89 has its own year so make sure you get the right year harness for your shell. You definitely dont want to hard wire like what i did. i did figured it out though haha. I tried to call earlier to see if you have any parts that i was interested in but no luck....probably down south having fun huh :sarcasm:

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
akito;1220488 said:
:3d_frown: hey bud! i didnt know that it was turbofreak blue supra. School starts next week for me, at the end of the first week if i have sometimes i'd shoot down your place to see wats going on. But wow, poor that blue beautiful supra. That car was my motivation and Loki's. Cant see pics at work but i'll be home to check them out.

yea trubofreak's blue supra started a craving for me and a lot of people I am sure..I LOVED that car from the first pictures I saw over a year ago, but shit happens :nono:

TurboFreak;1220539 said:
:icon_surp Thanks man.

And you dont wanna see the pics... :nono:

such sad pics...:nono:

ForcedTorque;1220570 said:
A little motivation for you. It's still a work in progress, but you should get the idea. When I got my car, it was already a parted out shell, by way of TooStand. I totaled out my grey car, and swapped almost everything on it to the parted out shell. I used the opportunity to GO BIGGER! The only things from this red car that are still there are seen in faded red. I swapped over the entire drivetrain, entire interior (every single piece), whole back end (hatch, tails, spoiler), both bumpers (front is new shine), wheels, and many other pieces. I used the hood off of my parts car, and have also added a couple of body mods.

Here is some advise for you. Don't get in a super hurry. While you have the motor out of the white car, send it to the body shop, and have the bay sprayed. I am SO glad I did that! It makes the bay look so much better in pics. Here's a pic of the body awaiting a high quality custom paint job, and a picture of the ever changing engine bay at some stage before completion. Note the sprayed bay, hood undercover, and windshield cowling (with hard to see in pics red clear)

that is good motivation, and I had read through your thread wayyy before and said the same thing...you are definitely doing a hell of a job, and I plan to do the same!!

akito;1220579 said:
Just went through the whole 5 pages. remember what i told you when you came over to look at my swap. 89 has its own year so make sure you get the right year harness for your shell. You definitely dont want to hard wire like what i did. i did figured it out though haha. I tried to call earlier to see if you have any parts that i was interested in but no luck....probably down south having fun huh :sarcasm:

yea I have to check on the harness plugs...and yea, I was out of town again this weekend because the weather was supposed to be shitty up here (no good for pulling an engine outside). Give me a call anytime about the parts/lending a hand :naughty:

BTW, you still have that single-fan shroud ('88)??

Mini Update:
This is how the car/engine is sitting (and patiently waiting) right now:
21dnadh.jpg

5tw4mv.jpg

Hopefully the weather/spare time will hold up soon and I can get the drivetrain pulled, etc. very soon.

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
MUCH NEEDED UPDATE:

I will have to get pictures up this week, but a lot has happened in the past 2 months...the wrecked blue supra is completely stripped, and has found a new life at the recycling yard :(

My basement has turned into a Supra-parts warehouse (will be posting up spare parts for sale in the near future).

The new white supra is going through a HUGE transformation...the drivetrain is swapped in, running well, and driving well too...I am still ironing out all of the little kinks...interior is stripped, and is being prepped for the "new" interior from the dark blue car, and most of the dark blue body panels will be swapped over too (doors, hood, fenders, front bumper), to take care of a BUNCH of dings and rust spots...so this car will soon be a "two-tone"!! haha.

That's all for now, will post pics soon...