my 1jz s366 project

Tnice17

May 26, 2014
CT
Looks awesome so far! The spool sounds amazing. I'd love to be crushing next to you and hear that!

Can you share your experience with the SAFC and the single turbo upgrade? I'd like to do a similar build myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Yeah its very loud especially when the wastegate opens the thing just screamed!! I already miss it but picked up another mk3 from oklahoma no rust and 2jz swapped. But the sound of a 1jz is always going to be my favorite.

Actually I didn't have a safc just ran off stock computer. I sold the car a few months after I finished it posted it for sale to see what I could get and got a great offer I couldn't refuse.

The single turbo swap was really straight forward and easy to me. Some stuff needed adjusted liked downpipe for the s366 needed a vband flange welded on to the downpipe since the housing is a 4.25inch and the dp I had was 3inch. I had a custom fab guy local take my driftmotion dp weld the flange and cut the 2 bolt flange off and took my old dp off the twins combined the two made a amazing peice and threw a vband on the other end it was a very nice downpipe I wish I took pictured of it. But one thing I won't forget it is mounting the manifold on the head was a pain in the ass studs had to be cut and nuts filed down smaller to screw on easier. But other then that it was pretty simple.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
very nice build. i'm using the same turbo, but on a built 7m. i went with 1000cc injectors, and they mite still be too small. i'm hoping for 6-700hp with this turbo. i'm told it flows enough for 850, but we'll see.

also, as far as pumps go, i have an aem 320. i know it's going to be too small, so i might do 2 in tank or a big external pump. i have some 1600 cc injectors waiting in the wings if i decide to go e85. :)

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
E85 I think is where it's at. I plan on going e85 over winter on my 2jz mk3 this winter. I currently got 880cc and a 255 pump in it which both are going to be pushed to the max on tune day on a couple weeks before Ice Cream Cruise this year.