my 1989 supra project w/ pics

frankensupra

Jun 6, 2006
Roseville, CA
Hey everyone!! I have been lunking around this forum for a while now, just soaking up information and such. Well, now that work is actually getting done I decided its time to post some infor and pics.

I am basically combinging two cars, a 1989 N/a and a 1989 Turbo Targa.

Here is the project vehicle as I received it. It was towed from Oakland to my home in Roseville, ca. One hell of a towing bill. Lol.

p299763_1.jpg

As you can see, it appears to be decent. The driver side fender and door are trashed, along with the pass door. The interior is shot, dash is cracked, seats are faded, carpets trashed, targa seals are shot, door seals are shot, hatch seal shot and supposedly needed a new clutch. Well, got it home, put some fluid in the res. and pumped it...just was out of fluid. Clutch is weak, and brakes were shot, driveshaft clanks like a mofo, radiator leaks, and fan clutch is siezed. After towing and all I paid 1k. Not bad IMO as orig mileage is 82k and motor was reubuilt w/ MHG by toyota in 2003. Also 590 dollars in back registration. Ouch.

So far I have swaped my rims and brakes from the N/a (18s w/ brembos), installed a Fluidyne Alum Radiator w/ flexalite fans, hks downpipe, high flow cat, tanabe smh, k&n fipk, stage 3 puck w/ light flywheel, and one piece driveshaft. Also did plugs wires valve cover and oil pan gaskets. have put about 2600 mi on all that and changed the oil twice, and now it runs great. Lots of power and chirps 3rd easily.

Today I am doing some paint prep and body work, mainly swapping over the doors and fender from the n/a, as well as the interior. Car is silver and I desire it to be the same paint used on the brand Pearl White Acura TL. I had a place here in town mix up some spray cans for jamming the doors and hatch area. 26 bucks a can and its a 2 stage paint.

So here are some pictures of it with the rims on it, havent gotten any more recently but will for sure take some when the interior is in and the doors are on.

DONOR CAR PICS:
p299763_2.jpg

p299763_3.jpg

I love my garage...
p299763_4.jpg

HERE IS THE MOST RECENT PICS OF THE PROJECT...NICKNAMES FRANKENSUPRA....
p299763_5.jpg

p299763_6.jpg

p299763_7.jpg

p299763_8.jpg

p299763_9.jpg

p299763_10.jpg

Well, time to stop procrastinating, its time to start wrenchin!

More to come...I have very big plans. I've been waiting for this for two years now.

Brian

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
lol, as soon as I saw that interior I knew you'd be here Kyle.

Sweet cars man! The FrankenSoup is lookin good, gotta fix that fender though. But welcome to the mania! da Supramania! heh. Oh, and if you're lookin to get rid of a fan shroud, hit me up :naughty:

frankensupra

Jun 6, 2006
Roseville, CA
HellsLegion said:
Ill do anything for him if I can pick at that interior! And get some taillights.... If I cant get Jennys lol

you are welcome to pick at the blue interior, but the brown one is FLAWLESS (car had 42k on it and was garaged) and is going into my targa. I can sell the headliner...but thats about it. I have a lot of blue interior parts thou!!! I also have a Perfect set of tems with 42k on it...lol.

frankensupra

Jun 6, 2006
Roseville, CA
HellsLegion said:
Damn. Someone that accually wants a brown interior! At least your stayi in the club man lol.
I might not like it if it wasnt so nice, seriously sitting in the brown car is like a timewarp...even smells .like a new car still. crazy