Moving to Orlando

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Well, at least I'll be in the same Region.

It looks like I'll be moving back in with my parents around the first week of January. I'm more than likely getting laid off and the job market here sucks(many plant closings and lay offs from big companies have flooded the job market with employees). I would stay in TN and struggle, but why when I can go to FL and have help with college.

Anyways, just thought I'd see if anyone was in the Orlando area and say hi to my new neighbors.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Not sure yet. They just bought the house(well, they will be getting it in a few weeks, but have put the bids in and will be letting go of their house here on the 18th).
I believe it's the NE side of the city. They said it's an hour from Disney and 40 mins to the East coast. I'll be down there for Thanksgiving and will know more about specifics then. Last time I saw Orlando I was 8 going to Disney.

My fiance loves the idea of being so close to the beach, and me going back to college(probably a BS in computer science at UCF if I can get the financial aid lined up). My grandparents have been in West Palm for at least 15 years now and I've loved it every time we've been.

Anyways, don't mean to ramble. Hopefully I'll see you at an Orlando meet some time.

highonoctane16

your mom goes to college
Apr 4, 2005
pensacola / tuscaloosa/ orlando
Good choice! The NE side is the place to be. There's a pretty good car scene, and it's in close proximity to UCF and Spinworld (the lovingly nicknamed 1/4 mile track). Be sure to post up once you get settled in and somebody will fill you in on where everything is. Good luck with your move! Dan

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
highonoctane16 said:
Good choice! The NE side is the place to be. There's a pretty good car scene, and it's in close proximity to UCF and Spinworld (the lovingly nicknamed 1/4 mile track). Be sure to post up once you get settled in and somebody will fill you in on where everything is. Good luck with your move! Dan

I'm not much for the 1/4, but I wouldn't mind finding some Mk3's to chat with.
Looks like I'll be down there on the 1st. So if anyone sees a 2 tone blue 87 Turbo on the back of a U-Haul, that's me.

I got the address now too. Papers have yet to be signed, but it looks like we'll be living in Oviedo, just a few miles North of UCF.

highonoctane16

your mom goes to college
Apr 4, 2005
pensacola / tuscaloosa/ orlando
I'm not too big on the 1/4 either, but I go from time to time to watch other guys run. Oviedo's great. I actually live in oviedo going by my mailing address, even though I'm right across the street from ucf. I'll be heading back to pensacola as soon as finals are over (the 7th I think). Maybe we can get up before then. Be sure to post when you make it into town. Later bro, Dan

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Well, it looks like my parents will be there this weekend, but I won't be moving.

Long story short, Home Depot is possibly buying out my dad's new company(Hughes Supply), and it's possible they may move to ATL after a couple years. I don't want to move half way through getting a BS at UCF, so I'd rather struggle a little here than get stranded there. Still going to college in the fall, but possibly night/weekend classes and taking longer.

I'll still be down there a couple times a year, just not permanent.