motor mount bracket help needed

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
:1zhelp: I bought a set of motor mounts from a member here and they were supposed to be for a pre 89 supra and work with the 2jz i was told they were driftmotion brackets. One side fits but the other one is completely off.

Only explanations are i was sold a 2jzgte with a 2jzge block, but wouldnt the brackets still work?

Or the mounts do not work?

Not sure who to point the finger at, but i need help please.

heres both
p1789758_1.jpg

This mount works for both sides

p1789758_2.jpg

This is the one that does not work for either

p1789758_3.jpg

Last edited:

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Georgia
www.speedforsale.com
2jzge and 2jzgte brackets are the same. Are you sure you are on the right block holes? You don't use the same that the original 2j mounts bolt to.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Georgia
www.speedforsale.com
xzeror;1789799 said:
yes i called aaron and said i had to use the holes for the fuel. I got it now thanks!

Glad you got it! I went with 1j mounts because I wanted a OEM look, I get weird on silly things! Happy wrenching

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
LOL I got nailed by an almost identical issue when I swapped the V8 into the current project, one mount lined up perfectly the other was in line with the Diff/Axle that goes through the engine pan...., there's another set of holes further back that I'd used in the Mk3 for the torque damper.. DOH

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
i had a similar issue when i got mine from BIC but i was just placing it with the wrong set of holes. Double check with the seller and ask him to look at his receipt with driftmotion. If it is indeed incorrect, he should refund you your $$. If it is indeed correct place them correctly.

Nihiliz

Die Hard Supra Fan
Jul 23, 2007
United States
www.facebook.com
xzeror;1789758 said:
:1zhelp: I bought a set of motor mounts from a member here and they were supposed to be for a pre 89 supra and work with the 2jz i was told they were driftmotion brackets. One side fits but the other one is completely off.

Only explanations are i was sold a 2jzgte with a 2jzge block, but wouldnt the brackets still work?

Or the mounts do not work?

Not sure who to point the finger at, but i need help please.

heres both
p1789870_1.jpg

This mount works for both sides

p1789870_2.jpg

This is the one that does not work for either

p1789870_3.jpg

i remember doing my 2jz swap,. i had the same issue,. u gotta line it up with the correct holes and i remember having to use washerson some bolts for the others. but yeah there ligit. there should be a note on the website explaining about the slight issue. good brackets tho :)