Modification/Upgrade Order

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
I have new wheels, tires, front/rear control arm poly bushings, and brakes. I will be recieving ZP coliovers in a few months. Is it a smart idea or ok to install everything without the new coilovers, or would I be looking at getting an alignment done twice doing it that way?

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
So should I just install everything else and run it as is, then once the coilovers come in, install those and get alignment completed? I guess the only potential issue would be uneven wearing of the tires until I put the coils on and get the alignment, correct?

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Just wait until the coilovers are received to put the bushings etc on the car. You not only take the chance of uneven wear on the tires, but there is a chance if its to out of alignment you may break something.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
I would do everything at once and if you have a good race shop have the car corner balanced at the same time as the ride height is set

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
supraguru05;1711014 said:
I would do everything at once and if you have a good race shop have the car corner balanced at the same time as the ride height is set

So is it better to let a shop install bushings/coilovers so it is right there to align vs. doing it at home, then driving it to the shop?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No the install doesnt matter.

Bushings are just bushings. Your just going to screw your tires if you dont align it after all the bushings if its that far off. If you dont drive it a lot doesnt really matter. Zp coils are like another 6 weeks out so...

Up to you weather you want to pay for a alignment twice.