MKIV Supra With 1JZGTE VVT-i

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
I've search and this is the only MKIV that I can find that has done this conversion I think it's a rare thing to do. Has anybody else done this swap or seen another MKIV with this swap? I know he did a simple swap. I'm wondering if anybody took it further than this.

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/projects/47359-1jz-vvti-jza80-supra-conversion.html
ngaav7.jpg

2lwrqdc.jpg

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Poodles;1810022 said:
Because it's not an upgrade? >.>

I know it's not and upgrade, I never said it was and upgrade I just wanted to know if this was the only MKIV with this engine. its a unique swap, something different Like the MKIII with the RB26 swap.

I find it cool that

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Albert;1810242 said:
Put a 7m in it, then it will be an upgrade
I've always wanted to do this, unfortunately, I can't afford the 7m...

Could be an upgrade if the car started life as a shell, or a blown GE or something like that in it.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
What's this noise I'm hearing lately about putting extra effort into something JUST to make it different?

unique.jpg

What other people have is not a factor in what pleases me.

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
How is it not an upgrade from an non turbo car? Use Driftmotions ct15a service and you could have a fast and very enjoyable car. There's a reason why guys like their Tourer V's in Japan and other cars that used that engine. It was a very smooth and nice powerband and sounded just as good too. Watch HoonTV if you need a refresher.

Now the brass tacks of it is the support on the VVTI 1jz is very low, turbo manifold options are few and expensively far between and the head is different. Also one of those engine sets isn't really economical in comparison to a regular 1jz, aristo 2jz or turboing the GE in the car already.

That whole 'unique' thing is bullshit, the car would be different and still fast and enjoyable. Doing different things is the reason we are not all driving camaros and other standard issue american iron in the first place. Nothing wrong with those cars, but its not like many of us were grandfathered into Japanese turbo fun.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
This is a big upgrade from na. It makes 300 rwhp stock. To top it off..it looks good. Sounds good. Revs fast. Revs smooth. Runs smooth. Its sexy.

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
hmmm, not sure why he did it then, but it must have been interesting enough he was compelled to do it, or blew up his ge block or something.

The biggest problem with the vvti's is they are now a interference motor, so thats -1 for sure. Id wonder how they would do with 18-20 psi and a decent tune.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
NecroCyde;1811943 said:
hmmm, not sure why he did it then, but it must have been interesting enough he was compelled to do it, or blew up his ge block or something.

The biggest problem with the vvti's is they are now a interference motor, so thats -1 for sure. Id wonder how they would do with 18-20 psi and a decent tune.
Take a look at what Kaizen has achieved with the VVTI motors. It's quite impressive to me. :)

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
I agree some people would be very surprise as to what the VVT-i can do. It is a very smooth engine and it spools up very quickly. a VVT-i or a non VVT-i GTE build out right and you can make good power out of it.

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
I know, if i had the extra cheddar and time, id build one right meow. Besides the standard fare has been done to hell and back. People need to be alot more supportive of the desire to do crazy shit. Aslong as that doesnt include ricing out Supras, thats not crazy shit, thats dumb shit.

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
NecroCyde;1815386 said:
I know, if i had the extra cheddar and time, id build one right meow. Besides the standard fare has been done to hell and back. People need to be alot more supportive of the desire to do crazy shit. Aslong as that doesnt include ricing out Supras, thats not crazy shit, thats dumb shit.

I agree with the doing unique things. Now a days A lot of cars all have the same engine just build differently. Some people are tired of seeing the same thing on cars that they're trying new things to stand out from the rest. This guy is one of them he can say I have the only MKIV with 1JZ VVT-i engine. This car is a long side the MKIII with the RB26 engine... and at one point the soapra, The supra with the soarer front end it became popular that I've seen a few other soapras out there on the forums. But that car was unique at one point that nobody had done that conversion.

So I'm all for doing unique builds.