MKIV for $2500>?

88SupraTarga

Apr 23, 2010
Louisville, Ky
I saw an ad somewhere on the net while I was searching for a Supra for sale. I emailed a few people and a guy emailed me back with pictures and all about the car. Basically it is in perfect condition, well kept and no mods. He says hes in the military and he has to sell the car because he can't take it with him. He wants to use Ebays pay program and says he will not receive the money until 10 days after I recive the car to look it over and make sure I'm satisfied...(duh). This sounds waaayyyy too good to be true imo but I do not know how the military is and maybe some guys and gals have to sell their vehicles for cheap before they get shipped. Can someone give me some helpful advice about this and let me know waht I should do? Here is the link for the pics he sent me.
http://www.mypictures.123bemyhost.com/

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
lol he could easily get 10-15k if it was real and thats cheap for such a clean mk4 turbo, they usually go for 20k+. This is most likely a scam sorry.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Scam!!!!!!!!! Thats the same scam that they ran with that red mkIII That everyone kept posting here. You know the one that Susan was selling. They wanted to run the money through ebay to try and make it seem legit. Any time you hear "I'm in the service" turn and run. They use that scam all the time. Some people just want to believe, I guess.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
There is no eBay pay program.

Nobody will EVER sell you a $15/20k car for $2500. No, not ever...

You posted this in the wrong section as well.....

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
and ontop of it being a scam,,, im pretty sure that the first digits of the vin are jt2jza8xxxxxxxx there is no z in the vin pic,,, but i could be wrong

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
SupraSean;1556681 said:
and ontop of it being a scam,,, im pretty sure that the first digits of the vin are jt2jza8xxxxxxxx there is no z in the vin pic,,, but i could be wrong

they don't use Z's in VINs cause they look like 2's, same with Q's and O's that look like 0's...

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
this one is a scam, but I've personally bought two MKIV's for dirt cheap.

My first one I got for ~800 $$ wrecked, some engine problems, na auto

The second one I just got I paid $2500 for it with rodknock, also and na auto. Not wrecked though, its clean.