MKIII 2j swap can't get a/c to work. Need Help!!!

cupit867

Oct 1, 2013
new york
I need help to get my A/C working on a 1992 2j swap auto with AEM v2. The compressor is not coming on or getting a signal. When the compressor get direct power it comes on but car still doesn't get cold. No leaks & filled up with gas & oil. The vehicle has climate control. Is there any way to wire up the system to work thru the AEM ?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the aem would only be set to control idle speed.
is the compressor relay outputting power at the relay?

cupit867

Oct 1, 2013
new york
the compressor relay isn't getting power but when you jump the compressor to power it works. The problem is the Harness i got made doesn't plug into the body harness from the 7m original harness. Anyway i can hard wire it to work?

hvyman;2051954 said:
the aem would only be set to control idle speed.
is the compressor relay outputting power at the relay?

cupit867

Oct 1, 2013
new york
thanks i already know that. I just figured someone has already done it b4 and could help with a diagram.
hvyman;2051967 said:
Then you need to wire up the correct plug for the harness so it all plugs in.

Roger UK

Jun 20, 2010
Newcastle
Are you using the 2JZ Aircon Compressor? (but with the head off your 7M one)

The 2JZ Compressor has 4 wires coming off it . . . but you can remove all of those - just find the single wire that comes out of the actual compressor itself.

You then attach that to the single wire that comes from the Mk3's Body Loom (near the battery) that attached to the 7M's compressor.

Simple !

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the system needs to be filled and the low pressure switch needs to be good in order for the compressor to be turned on as well