MK3 starting issue

YotaCrawler

Nov 17, 2012
Yuma AZ
Hi guys, I've been looking everywhere to try to find an answer for this, but I can't for the life of me.

I was driving earlier, and the wifey wants to get something to eat. We pull into a drive-thru, and as I let my foot off the gas, all power is lost. No lights, no radio, no antennae, no nothing. It won't crank, or anything, and I tried everything I could think of to try to get power back. I checked all fuses, check the battery terminals, check grounds, check all connectors I could see and reach. Then, all of a sudden after letting it jsut sit in the parking lot for about 5 minutes, I've got power back, out of nowhere. Fire it up, and it dies right away. I go through this song and dance for another 30 minutes until I figure out how to get it home.

All I had to do to keep it running was keep it revving above 1000rpm for a few seconds and then ease it down, and slowly work my foot off the pedal for about 30-40 seconds. After it loses power, It doesn't come back for a few minutes, then I get to try again. I wish I had a video to show you guys, as Im sure I'm not explaining this very well.

YotaCrawler

Nov 17, 2012
Yuma AZ
I keep forgetting to mention that before I installed LED dash lights and the NA volt meter yesterday, it was running like a top. I also removed the CC, but I don't see why that would mess with the system to this capacity.