Mk3 here

reinhard

Dec 5, 2008
Johannesburg
I live in South Africa. Yes we do have internet and no there is no lions walking in our streets.

I'm plan on buying a Mk3 Supra. Supras are extremely scares her and the few that u do get here are not in very good shape. Needs like a new sprayjob ect.

Before I buy a Supra, I would like to know if u still get OEM parts for them from Toyota. Toyota SA tells me u don't. I also can only find one Toyota dealer in USA that do show these parts on the web. I've been mailing them since October last year but they still have to let me know. Dealer called Machanicsville Toyota.

If anyone can help me, I will appreciate it alot.

Thankz!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Mr. Hard.......first, welcome to Supramania since this is the introduction section.

Secondly, you won't be able to buy or sell supra parts on here until you've beeen a member for six months or you have at least fifty posts. You can try starting another thread in one of the regions closest to you and ask if some of the locals know the answers to your questions. We don't have a South African region, but hopefully someone can help you. If you try buying parts before you meet the requirements of this forum then your threads will be locked and you'll be given an infraction.
Good luck either way.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
He can't even buy parts with out 50 posts:aigo: Where or what is the risk in buying something, beside the seller ripping you off, but the buyer ripping the seller off, umm.... Can you see the for sale threads?

Champion Toyota is where lots of SM members order OEM parts from. Jeff has the lowest prices around ;). Im just not sure about shipping to South African. But it never hurts to ask. I will look for his Info. Or maybe another will chim in with it.

EDIT : Champ Toyota info
GrimJack said:
Your source for Toyota & TRD parts. Guaranteed best price and service! http://www.toyotaworld.com/ I do not think you can buy new Toyota parts cheaper than going through them.

Champion Toyota has found it to be more cost efficient and productive for you to call them and ask them directly.

This is their toll free number 800-327-2087 (I am assuming it may be only free to the States or the 48 States.)

wulfstan;3616 said:
Champion Toyota
Attention to Jeff Watson

parts@toyotaworld.com

G'luck

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
92nsx;1221641 said:
He can't even buy parts with out 50 posts:aigo: Where or what is the risk in buying something

Rules are in place to protect both parties. If you have some issue please respond via PM so this don't go off topic.

Edit: I edited the title.

Thanks
Duane

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
92nsx......I totally agree with you, but again, this isn't ebay and we don't need people on here soley for the purpose of buying or selling parts. This is a forum to be a part of for learning about your car and helping others learn. It's also a cool place to talk about current events with people that have a lot of the same interests as yourself.
If I wanted to just buy supra parts, I'd go to Champion or ebay.

reinhard

Dec 5, 2008
Johannesburg
Thanks guys. Once I find a Supra I'll make a plan how to get the parts here. Are a few places here that import parts for american cars. I will try them, they got shipments coming in every week from the states.

Epy

Jan 15, 2009
Florida
Hey, seeing If I can post now... looks to be working.

I didn't know supras made it to south africa, sorry if that sounded rude.
I needed to know as well, thanks guys.

reinhard

Dec 5, 2008
Johannesburg
Supras made here to SA. Only the Mk2 and Mk3 ( both non-turbo models only ). Mk2 were sold of the showroom floor but the Mk3 were only available on special order.

Some people here only know a supra as the orange car in Fast & Furious. They don't know that u actualy get differant models. When u talk about fast cars here people think m3, s4, rs4, amg's ect (what i think of german cars i'll keep to myself!!!). U start talking about supras u most of the time get the dear in the head light stare!