mk3 beater vs 86 vette

7mslider

Dec 20, 2009
shelbyville
okay so i went down to our local 1/8 mile track last week. this would be the second time that i've taken my car down, but the first time with my lsd and drag radials. the whole night i had been running low 9's messing with my tire pressures and my launch rpm.
just so you know a little about my car, it's an 87 with a 7mgte swap. w58 tranny and a lsd with 4.30 ring gear. 3" turbo back exhaust, kn intake, and boost set at 11lbs untuned. no a/c, cruise, ps, washer, wipers, or interior for that matter. and it looks like a beater as well. primer with yellow headlight covers missing all of the window trim, and a black hood.
so anyways i pull up to the burnout box to find myself beside an 86 vette with a super nice paint job and some huge drag radials on the back. time to get smoked right? the lights drop and we hammer on it. he turns a tenth faster at 60' and is in the lead, now my tires decide to fully hook and the the turbo is screaming. i am now neck and neck with the beatiful orange domestic and as i hit 3rd i'm starting to pull. we pass the end line and yes to my amazement i got him. 8.98 to 9.07.
turned out that he had a 100 shot of nitrous in the back that he didn't use for that pass and was not very happy about getting beat by the most beat up looking car at the track. after that he turned on his bottle and ran an 8.11. but everyone got to witness the supra take down a vette that night.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

oh yeah, i forgot to mention, i have less than $2k in the car including the car itself.

7mslider

Dec 20, 2009
shelbyville
i'll post up the time slip tm. my buddy still has my camera. i don't have that run on video, but i think i have one of me against a gto. i didn't get him just because i screwed with my boost controller and hit fuel cut at the top of 2nd :(

7mslider

Dec 20, 2009
shelbyville
p1555955_1.jpg

p1555955_2.jpg

heres the pics...sorry bout the size, i dnt really know what i'm doin here. i'll post a pic of it runnin if i can figure out how to get the video off my camera.