Missing a bunch of stuff from my engine bay?

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
Ive been looking and reading, and so far i think im missing a TON of stuff from my engine bay. I just bought the car and it runs real solid but theres a pluthera of small issues. Smell of fuel in deceleration, no heat, no air, no air comes out (hot or cold) unless its set on high...sunroof isent wired, wipers dont work, I wish there was someone who could come look at my supra and say.....OH MY GOSH...and help me repair it all. Theres a bunch of unplugged plugs all over the bay.
heres a list of things i think im missing

Coolant overflow tank...
Washer fluid tank...
Charcoal Canister....found out its missing when i started reading about the fuel smell...obviously mines not vented right because it smells awful anytime i push in the clutch and release the boost.
Whatever round thing sits up by the drivers side shock tower
I have 2 open holes in the firewall with fittings where i THINK heater hose should be running to my heater coil.... (my car does not have heat)
EGR system....

my check engine light is on, and i havent checked it, so i dont know my code, but im sure i have a crap ton of them.

Full shot
p1880150_1.jpg

Drivers side, whats missing?
p1880150_2.jpg

p1880150_3.jpg

p1880150_4.jpg
<<loose plug and nothing attached to IM
p1880150_5.jpg
<< open hole
Passenger side, whats missing?
p1880150_6.jpg

p1880150_7.jpg
<<< open connectors for Heater hose/ Heater core?
p1880150_8.jpg
<< connector down by intake/IC piping

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Looks like the po modified a bunch of things.
A/C lines have been removed, that white plug by the AFM is for the a/c and those open lines on the firewall are for a/c.
The valve above them with the coolant lines is for the heater core. Chances are the solenoid failed, i took mine off and just switch the valve by hand when it gets cold out. The fan speed resistor is probably burnt out on the low and med speed. Both are common issues.
The vac line under the rad should be for the ps idle up valve. Theres a hardline running across the front of the motor that this should hook up to.
Grey plug under the intake manifold looks like the reverse light switch plug.

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
kotu100;1880159 said:
Looks like the po modified a bunch of things.
The vac line under the rad should be for the ps idle up valve. Theres a hardline running across the front of the motor that this should hook up to.
Grey plug under the intake manifold looks like the reverse light switch plug.
you mean the vac line under the ALT right? and for the powersteering idle up valve? Would that help my idle? Because I am having idling issues as well, ill try to find a tube running along the front of the engine, but I don't think there is one.
Also, can you confirm that the EGR is gone? Is that the cylinder that sits in the drivers tower area?
How do i know that the...charcoal cylinder is bypassed correctly?
I searched the charcoal cylinder, for the gas smell, and people are talking catch cans and a bunch of stuff i really dont understand yet.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Ya i meant under the alt, dunno why i typed rad... lol
It will only help the idle while you're turning, it raises idle slightly to offset the load put on the engine by the ps pump at idle.
Can't really see if the EGR has been removed, it should be by the firewall side of the fuel rail.
Charcoal cannister is non existent as well as the bvsv valve on the thermostat housing.
Catch can (pcv system) and evap system have nothing to do with each other.
If you're running a stock ecu it would be better to put the egr system back on if it has been removed.

For the idle problem, the smallest vac leak after the AFM can wreak havoc on your tune. check all vac lines, and make sure that ghetto-fabulous intake isnt leaking either.

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
it looks like the whole EVAP system was eliminated.
Would deceleration cause fumes to come out the probably open hose (that usually connects to the CC) and make my car smell like gas? Its only outside, its not blowing through the vents fyi.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
I'm not 100% if deceleration would have any effect on the evap system, but that open hose could be the culprit of the smell.

puppet323213

Sep 24, 2012
vegas
aheroicrevolt;1880150 said:
Ive been looking and reading, and so far i think im missing a TON of stuff from my engine bay. I just bought the car and it runs real solid but theres a pluthera of small issues. Smell of fuel in deceleration, no heat, no air, no air comes out (hot or cold) unless its set on high...sunroof isent wired, wipers dont work, I wish there was someone who could come look at my supra and say.....OH MY GOSH...and help me repair it all. Theres a bunch of unplugged plugs all over the bay.
heres a list of things i think im missing

Coolant overflow tank...
Washer fluid tank...
Charcoal Canister....found out its missing when i started reading about the fuel smell...obviously mines not vented right because it smells awful anytime i push in the clutch and release the boost.
Whatever round thing sits up by the drivers side shock tower
I have 2 open holes in the firewall with fittings where i THINK heater hose should be running to my heater coil.... (my car does not have heat)
EGR system....

my check engine light is on, and i havent checked it, so i dont know my code, but im sure i have a crap ton of them.

Full shot
p1880341_1.jpg

Drivers side, whats missing?
p1880341_2.jpg

p1880341_3.jpg

p1880341_4.jpg
<<loose plug and nothing attached to IM
p1880341_5.jpg
<< open hole
Passenger side, whats missing?
p1880341_6.jpg

p1880341_7.jpg
<<< open connectors for Heater hose/ Heater core?
p1880341_8.jpg
<< connector down by intake/IC piping

IF YOU END UP LOOKING FOR ALL YOUR MISSING PARTS LET ME KNOW I HAVE EVERYTHING IN MY GARAGE AS YOU CAN SEE MINE DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING vvvv

Attachments

• 20120930_203657.jpg
    20120930_203657.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 29

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
alright! Thank you very much, I can see what I was missing, but theres not exactly a diagram labeling everything lol. Thank you!
And yes, the gas smell is only on deceleration, once i let off the gas or push the clutch in. Ill play around

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I bet your fuel smell on deceleration is caused by your vacuum connection on the FPR on your fuel rail nearest to the alt.
Pic 1 charcoal canister BVSV and ALL evap/egr stuff along with all the hardlines for the vacuum system.
Pic 2 is the boost gauge sensor and speed cruise control
Pic 3 That's the PS idle up that connects to the bottom of the hardline that bolts to the intake manifold. http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291210/catalog.aspx?F=1708&P=5 you're looking for 25706 and most of the things that connect to that pipe.
Pic 4 Looks to be the plug for the sensor inside the cap to your brake fluid res.
Pic 5 Not sure, I'd have to check my own.
Pic 6 The vacuum line for the heat/cold solenoid
Pic 7 Charcoal canister along with the holder/clamp to hold it
Pic 8 I'd have to look.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Fuel smell is coming from you missing the charcol can. Look by the heater valve there will be a metal pipe with most likely nothing hooked up to it. Thats the fumes from the gas tank. I had that issue when i took mine out. I ended up using a jza70 charcol can cuz its smaller in size.

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
thanks everyone! Its helping alot. And im not looking to replace eerything, just know what I'm missing and try to understand more what the previous OWNERS have done

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Welcome to the fun of owning a 20 year old car where most of the time, you've had at least one previous owner think that they know how to make your car run better than the people that designed it... in some cases, they're right, but not very often is that *your* case. :p

Things I notice missing or different:
-Cruise control
-charcoal canister
-AC lines (probably more missing if they weren't lazy about it)

-Heater lines seem looped together. You can remove the heater valve if for whatever reason it breaks a nipple off like mine did, and run the line directly into the tube running to/from the firewall. IJ likes to put some sort of copper bushing inside them if I remember correctly, to keep them from being crushed by the hose clamp.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum. Might check out this guy's car, it is a VERY low mileage car, a good reference as to what these cars looked like from the factory. Even though it is NA, most things are very similar: http://www.flickr.com/photos/87845261@N05/