missfiring under boost

ok well it start by blowing the coolent hose apart on the back of the head (to heater coil vavle)so i fixed it and the car started to miss under full throttle and full. boost so i thought it must of fouled the plugs when they got wet so i changed them and still no fix so i checked the resistance in the plug wires and looked good i checked the coils and they seem to be working so now what ?

iq20 @.31 new msd 10.5mm wires
mods
maft,3inch exhaust, eboost2, 125shot wet nitrous kit, arphead studs,hks hg, turbosmart bov, big front mount, water/meth, aem wideband, voltage gauge to read vf, safc, i dont think i left anything out

no boost leaks (tested to 20psi with out bov and the with bov 15psi till it opened) and timing is at 12btdc with the dbox pined and the car runs good all the way till max boost then at like 4800rpm and up it starts acting up oh and some times it breaks up then triggers the cel for overboost and code 21 which is ox but i think the ox is because the spark is droping out and sending fuel into the exhaust and the overboost just start with this probum too

Last edited:

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Well, timing should be 10 degrees BTDC. If you're receiving the code 34 and the CEL is flashing, that's not because the car is breaking up, it's an over-boost (Fuel cut) situation. Code 21 doesn't just appear because of a lot of fuel, these cars normally run 10's AFR during WOT in the stock form.

yes your right on its 10 pined and 12not and i knew the over boost code but it been on 13psi for about 3 months and has not thrown it once till 2 days ago when this hose broke and all these problems started and still holds 13 till about 4800 then start its crap and i was thinking enough raw fuel is getting in the exhaust the sensor to read incorrectly causing the error code