Megan Adjustability

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
If there is a way of modifying them, I would like to know too. I don't see how that is possible though as the threads are part of the shock absorber. I still have about half an inch left of threads left in the adjustment area, but I'm bottoming out the shock :(

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
I forget were i read it but they said to take the two tread rings off and let the spring sit directly on the "beefy strut housing"... IDK how legit it is but he said you get an extra half inch or sooo:sarcasm:

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
GotTurbos?;1009952 said:
I still have about half an inch left of threads left in the adjustment area, but I'm bottoming out the shock :(

Is the shock all the way stiff???

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
87soup;1009973 said:
Is the shock all the way stiff???

I'm not bottoming it out in a driving sense, but in an adjustability sense. It has no bearing on the travel of the shock. And taking the thread rings off would not help my case, as there is still threads left to lower it down, if it had more room inside the strut housing to move down. My suspension jargon is lacking in a few areas, so if you need clarification I'll try and explain what I'm saying.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
If you need to get lower, you can droop the spring. Meaning that when the car is in the air, there is no load on the spring and it is hanging loose with a gap between the top of the spring and the hat. This will get the car lower, but it will also take away damper travel. Although all the damper travel may not be needed.

This is a common way of getting real low if you don't have the proper adjustment.

It's not really unsafe, but I wouldn't really recommend it. A helper spring instead would be a much better idea.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thats what I was planning on doing, The height I have it at now is fine for daily driving, but I wanted to be able to drop it just a little bit more for track use and get a little more camber out of it. Taking away 1/2" of damper travel shouldn't really effect much should it? The preload on the spring may actually help some, in my mind at least.

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
hmm, is there anyone out there that has actually gotten their Rear Megans lower than intended by megan?i just need like 3/4" to an 1" more to lower to really clean things up.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
you can simply spin down the spring perches, but as stated when you raise the car up off the ground you are going to have no preload and your spring may unseat itself and not go back properly when you lower the car back down. If you really want to get into it, i had a look into the tube itself, and there is quite a bit of more space that the shock can screw in, but theres a ridge on the inner wall that stops it from screwing in any more, technically you could get this machined out and it would screw in a little further.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'm still confused as to why people want the rear slammed.

Anyway, if you intend to lower the springs further then allowed, we can swap you a longer spring so that you can get the spring perch down.

Only if you purchased the set from us of course.

We offer full support for MR coilovers.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
If you swap in a longer spring, it's not going to do anything. Moving the spring perch down and putting a longer spring in will make the car sit the same as it was before.

Do any of you guys have pictures of how low you're trying to get your car? And do you have the damper bottomed out in the lower mount?

Jenya

SupraBoii
Feb 8, 2007
Edmonton, AB
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I kept experimenting with the rears for a while and was able to get the car to sit completely even. Taking off the two rings on each of the coilovers in the rear helps you get the extra 0.5" - 1". I kept a close eye on it for numerous drives and there has been no problems.

Now I put one of the rings back in on each coilover, due to the spacers i got for the back wheels (not in the pic). Even with the one ring off on each coilover you get some height reduction.

New pics coming soon too..

Jenya

SupraBoii
Feb 8, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Thanks, I just snapped some pics of the car with spacers on the back + a little raise in the back to clear the fenders. Will post in general discussion.