Mega Squirt / DIY PNP Unit

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I'm a little interested in a MS system and came across this

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/diypnp-nippon-denso-76pin-unassembled-kit-p-384.html

DIYPNP Nippon Denso 76pin Unassembled Kit [DIYPNPN76-K]

Available Features / Technical Specifications

Based on MS2/E Firmware Version 2.1.1 or later

OEM ECU Connector to plug right into the factory harness!
Speed Density, Alpha-N and Hybrid Alpha-N (both SD and A-N algorithms hybridized) Supported
2 Ignition Inputs (for dual wheel ignitions)
4 Spark Outputs (Up to 4 Cylinder Coil On Plug, up to 8 Cylinder Wasted Spark)
Rotary Ignition Support
Enhanced Acceleration Enrichment (EAE)
Boost Control
Knock Control
Launch Control
Flat Shift
Tachometer Output
Fully Adjustable Rev Limiter
Table Switching
4 General PurposeOutputs
4 General Purpose Inputs (2 analog, 2 digital)
Support for Flex Fuel
Optional Realtime Baro Correction
Closed Loop O2 Correction
Plenty of Proto Area, add your own customizations!
There's more than we could list here-- click this link to view the full featurelist of MS2/E.
Also- you can click this link for the official DIYPNP Product Page Feature List which includes the above list plus a hardware level feature list (that tells you not just what you can do, but what hardware is available to do it)
Note: Some of the features listed above use the General Purpose Inputs/Outputs.

This board supports up to four BIP373 ignition drivers which are not included in order to keep your cost down since most of you won't need them for running your stock setup. If your application does require internal ignition drivers (again, most do not) you can add BIP373 ignition drivers to your kit. We offer a DIYPNP BIP373 mod-kit which includes the BIP373, Heatsink, and mounting hardware here.

This is going on a 1.5JZ BTW.

I'm not too familiar with MS or this. If anyone can provide additional information besides this site so i can read up on it would be great. Whats your opinion on these "kits"

AfterDark

Aug 10, 2009
Jerzy
+ 1 I've been wondering about this for the longest there's some info here ---> click me and here too I think last time i searched I only came across one person running it however he was using the original diy kit not the newer PnP

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
i was looking into MS awhile back for a 1jz. the problem is that JZ gte engines use coil on plug and are triggered by the cam sensor in relation to the crank sensor. Most of the kits they sell you use wastefire, but you have to add a crank trigger wheel and sensor if you want to use that.

the people that had ms succesfuly running on a 1jz with COP had to add 6 of those ignition drivers, and then you have to mess with the settings so the ecu knows when to fire each one.

for the money you cant beat it but if its your first time doing wiring work with harnesses or tuning, you should find someone with experience in it or read ALOT on it

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
I run MS2 on my 1JZ, but not the plug and play though. The plug and play is nice though because all you have to do is just install the jumpers to wire everything up with out taking the factory harness apart to keep a factory look. I didn't do the plug and play because I'm running EDIS 6 for spark and also I probably lost 10lbs worth of useless wire and looks a lot cleaner. Right now my car has some electrical issues with the headlights cause extremely high load that shouldn't happen.