Mbc installed. Car cuts out at 6 psi? Why?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Check again. Fuel Cut is triggered when a set volume of air moves past the air flow meter in a given amount of time, hence the term flow. There is no sensor that measures manifold pressure and triggers fuel cut at a certain PSI. If you are hitting fuel cut, it means that the set amount of air has passed the air flow meter by the time you see 6 PSI. Since this is lower than normal that would indicate that some of this metered air is escaping and not going into your engine. So, double check for air leaks. I'm pretty sure you will find one or more. That means vacuum lines, intercooler pipes, BOV/BPV(especially if it vented to the atmosphere), and the like.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Dirgle;1848138 said:
Check again. Fuel Cut is triggered when a set volume of air moves past the air flow meter in a given amount of time, hence the term flow. There is no sensor that measures manifold pressure and triggers fuel cut at a certain PSI. If you are hitting fuel cut, it means that the set amount of air has passed the air flow meter by the time you see 6 PSI. Since this is lower than normal that would indicate that some of this metered air is escaping and not going into your engine. So, double check for air leaks. I'm pretty sure you will find one or more. That means vacuum lines, intercooler pipes, BOV/BPV(especially if it vented to the atmosphere), and the like.

+1

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
Its a stock bbv. I will def. Check agian. Wat would you suggest to set the boost at with a stocker? Fyi I was boosting just fine before I put in the mbc.