mapecu2 timing control

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
im wondering the same thing, ive been looking around on the mapecu forums but havent found much that says if it does or doesnt.

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
I got it explained to me that there is no describtion in the mapecu2 wiring diagram that would work with the mk3 multiplex signal to the coilpack. I asked mapecu and they said that they dont have mk3 in their testfleet so they really didnt know. I dont se how it would work. Better to go stand alone if i want to change the ingnition. But i´m mapping with the mapecu2 and i´m impressed. So much better then mapecu1. The only piggyback i tried but it must be one of the best. Very good logging functions on mapecu2.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
there suppost to be wokring on it it will be converter or some thign acroding to there forums

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I hope it's all sorted soon... My mapecu2 is being tuned this week, and i'll need the speed cut and timing thing ready for early next year when I do some more upgrades.

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
Highnitro;1146815 said:
did you convert to MAP or are you still using the stock MAF? i made a thread on the map ecu forums about the timing control, here it is.

http://www.performancemotorresearch.co.nz/forum/showthread.php?p=4808#post4808

hmmm.. I contacted mapecu in early 2008 and he said they didn´t have any mk3 in their testfleet. He didn´t mension any thing about a module or box for mk3 either. Guess i have to meil again. I´m driving without maf. I run in kvf elimination mode. There is a hesitate when i have fast throttle changes though and it wont matter if i change the tps% either. Ideas? Any one who have external map-sensor and seen any changes regarding this?

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Spoke to my tuner last night, and he said he has got the timing working...

Not sure if he will share his secret though... Will do my best for you all!!!!!!!

It is being tuned properly today sometime, so I'll post any updates I get.

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
LilMissMkIII;1149018 said:
Spoke to my tuner last night, and he said he has got the timing working...

Not sure if he will share his secret though... Will do my best for you all!!!!!!!

It is being tuned properly today sometime, so I'll post any updates I get.

yes please do. The closest timing control wiring example in the manual is 3 wires to 3 wasted spark igniters, and the idea is to intercept those and alter the signal. However if i understand i correctly the mk3 have 2 wires. 1 with the ignitor signal from the ecu and 1 wire that determinds witch one of the ignitor it will go to. One distrubutor is "main" and the signal is disributed to the other 2 depending on the instructions it get. please correct me if im wrong. how your tuner gets around this would be interesting to see.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Ok, so something came up and she wasn't tuned yesterday, but will be on the rollers in an hour and a half. I'll drop into the shop on my way home and have a chat with him, and have pen and paper ready for you guys :)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Just spoke with my tuner, and he has the timing control 100% figured out, but is not prepared to share his secret.

All he would say is that the answer is right in front of you guys... The diagram is on the map website, but that something needs to be changed for it to work...

Sorry he isn't more forthcoming, but he loves his secrets, and this is the reason why he has tuned the world record holding WRX, and the highest hp Skyline and 2nd highest hp Supra in Aus...

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
LilMissMkIII;1149781 said:
Just spoke with my tuner, and he has the timing control 100% figured out, but is not prepared to share his secret.

All he would say is that the answer is right in front of you guys... The diagram is on the map website, but that something needs to be changed for it to work...

Sorry he isn't more forthcoming, but he loves his secrets, and this is the reason why he has tuned the world record holding WRX, and the highest hp Skyline and 2nd highest hp Supra in Aus...

so the answer is on mapecu webbsite... we have to check everything. But if the solution is there mapecu must know about it... strange. Wasn´t someone here who used to sell this stuff?

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
He said the answer isn't obvious... There is some diagram on the website that you need to alter for the timing to work.

I wish he was more forthcoming for you guys! I have the Supra home now, so will go out and try and get some pics of the install. I *think* he reconnected the timing control. (it had to be disconnected to eliminate it as a source of the stupid miss that has started happening)