Making my own/Re-Wiring my Engine harness.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Last I knew Yota sold a connector repair kit that had the pins and receptacles. Damn if I can find the p/n now. Hopefully Jeff Lange (our parts guru here) will chime in.

OTC/SPX may have something too. I've heard some connectors are hard to come by (the ECU Pulse-Loks for example) but most should be still available. Otherwise it's off to the yard.

I know about UTI. The grads I've met haven't impressed me much but that's often true about any fresh meat. You know how a year in the field is worth 3 in the classroom.

Seriously, stick around if you can....

ZFast300Z

Trouble
Dec 15, 2007
Wisconsin
I'll give a call to my buddy who works for a Toyota dealer down in Naperville IL and see what he can find out for me.

The Ecu plugs are great. The injector clips, TPS, IAC and everything else is pretty much junk though.

Like I said before, 50% of UTI grads couldnt diag their way out of a wet paper bag. And I plan on sticking around, as long as intelligence and knowledge are welcome around here. (Ever been on a Honda/240sx forum? They hate people that know what they are talking about over there)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ we're aiming to make this site more tech-based. you're more than welcome!

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
woooot my harness is done. I took the original harness and i opened it up, and took my time to inspect and resolder some parts, also rewiring what needed to be rewired and took some plugs and wires that weren't used. I put it back on the car and checked for spark and got it. So now i just need to get some loom and finishing plug things up and soldering the injector clips.
heres a pic of the mess
p907926_1.jpg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
maken new harness is um not hard just takes some time really the worst part wireing clours

i got all the clours i chould most of them had to be striped wiht eather bule gray black brown yellow paint pen for wire

was real pain take for ever not much fun but it is pretty cool when you are done cause it is the way you want

oh ps once you mix up one wire you are even more stressed

good luck

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
did some more wiring today, finished soldering the injector clips and other wires and i got some wire loom...I ran into 1 problem though, i wanted to make sure everything was fine so i spun the cps and got spark and inj. to fire but the fuel pump didnt prime like before which was weird and i couldnt figure it out, however it seemed to prime when i tried cranking the car...kinda weird, any ideas?
shouldnt be too hard to figure out though. I will get more pics of progress as soon as i can.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
hopefully, i will try to finish up this weekend...if it starts i'll get video :) if it doesnt, i wont heh

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
jetjock;899972 said:
Last I knew Yota sold a connector repair kit that had the pins and receptacles. Damn if I can find the p/n now. Hopefully Jeff Lange (our parts guru here) will chime in.

OTC/SPX may have something too. I've heard some connectors are hard to come by (the ECU Pulse-Loks for example) but most should be still available. Otherwise it's off to the yard.

I know about UTI. The grads I've met haven't impressed me much but that's often true about any fresh meat. You know how a year in the field is worth 3 in the classroom.

Seriously, stick around if you can....

How can we purchase the repair kit?
UTI people i have work with are scary to work with. They asked me, how do i do an oil change. i was like WTF? there like they did not teach me that in class.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
I've thought about going to UTI, or something similar, to get some book learning that I haven't acquired in my hands on daily mechanic work. Mostly interested in learning electrical systems analysis and diagnostics. Especially with all the electronics in newer vehicles.

Welcome aboard, Z. Can never have enough knowledgeable people around.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
alright here we go i got a video but the sound isnt working for me, unless i open it on my computer through quicktime...

lets see if this works,if not anyone have any ideas?

The car isnt idling right, even though it needs to warm since theres no CSI or ISC but i can rev it and it smooths out in the upper RPM's. I'm thinking this could be caused by timing and/or i found that the spark plug wires dont snap onto the plugs, plus when i tried removing the plugs 2 of them broke, wtf...i guess i shouldnt be using Champion?

anyway if you cant hear anything in the video either lmk and i will try to get a direct link.

Last edited:

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
240sx boards are the WORST.

if i owned a 240, and had to deal with them about technical advice like i do here, the car would be sold in a heartbeat