Maft Pro vs safc Which the best of the two mk3 tuning

marcmann982

Permanently Banned Scammer
Jun 28, 2010
north little rock. ar
Ive read and read and still no one said much about the main debate over the two main piggybacks that everyone uses maft pro and the safc. I already have a safc and havent tuned it with my car yet so im trying to see if i should sell the safc and switch to the maft. Which is better between the two? is it like depending on the level of tunning and horsepower for the money? im new to tuning and i im shooting for about 400-430 rwhp. With the main normal 7mgte mods fresh 7mgte, ffim, big front mount intercooler w hard pipes and tial bov, lex afm, 550's, walbro 255 60-1 trim ct. For a decent tune which is good for the money the safc or maft pro for these horsepower ranges. But would you guys say for a more advanced tune and if your pushing maybe more close to 600 horse or higher then maft pro but lower safc maybe???

R3N5LOW

Jan 18, 2009
OREEGON
Hey im kind of in the same boat as you are. I've been thinking about selling mine to go maft pro as well. I have just about the same mods as you, 60 trim with supporting mods.

Is it possible to run speed density with the afc neo? If i could do that then thats a win win.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
I have a MaftPro, you can basically do the same thing with it as you can with an SAFC plus a lot more. There are a bunch of features but be warned the support is rather terrible. Most of the features are not well explained in the manuals and you have to learn a lot of it on your own. The MaftPro was made for the Buick guys and seemingly adapted for the Supra, so its almost like the supra is an afterthought. I have the MaftPro running speed density and I plan to get it tuned because I have just fiddled with it so much and it still has bugs here and there. There is a help forum but they are extremely slow to respond and it will likely take ages to work out little bugs with the help of others. MaftPro has the ability for timing control, but again it really is not perfected or user friendly. (For example, hooking up the timing control feature is not even covered in the manual, you have to do research among the forums and piece together the information to figure out how to get it working). From all my research most of the features on the MaftPro are not really perfected, there are always "plans to correct" certain issues but then you realize they planned to do this a few years ago and the issue never was revisited. If you are going for 600HP ditch piggybacks in general and go for a standalone. Timing is going to be the biggest issue when you start getting to high hp levels.