MAFT Pro How to guide: We need one

veedubin

Official SM Decals
As most have seen by my posts, I'm fighting with the MAFT Pro system. Not only the system itself, but the frustrating search for up-to-date relevant information. As most(if not all) MAFT Pro users have encountered is a general lack of direction when it comes to installation, setup, tuning, problem solving. I really believe this little black blox that rests in my glovebox is a phenominal device capable of so much more than just making my glove box look full.

What I'm looking to do is to collect,organize, and publish a complete(or as close as I can get to it) Start to finish guide for the MAFT Pro system. I know there is a thread in the stickie labeled "definitive MAFT Pro", but as you can see, it hasn't been updated in a while. I am looking at taking this on to not only help myself, but to give back to this community that has helped me out so much since I got my Supra. If there are any ney-sayers, please speak up and tell me why it's a bad idea.

So in short, what I'm trying to accomplish is organize a single downloadable zip archive with everything a Supra owner will need to install, setup, and tune MAFT Pro. I would also like to be able to keep the files up to date with the latest release of firmwares, tunerpro versions etc...

I've already started this to some degree just for my own benefit, but below is a quick outline of how I envisioned this to be laid out:

Single indexed PDF file aka the book:
PDF file will be setup with internal links to dedicated sections so to avoid scrolling through however many pages to get the info you need.
Sections dedicated to:
Component verification - did you get all the parts you need?
Quick "what's it do" section - outlining the abilities, and uses for the system
Wiring instructions - how to wire the system into the MA70 chassis for all years and both 7MGE & 7MGTE motors
Resistor work arounds for code problems - step by step instructions for creating and installing the resistor network for the HAC code, the AFM code etc..
Up to date system setup instruction for the most current firmware - I am running 5.27 and believe this is the most current. Other quick setup guides are lacking some parameters that are present on V5.27
Step by step guide to setting up Tuner Pro RT on a laptop and connecting to the MAFT Pro - including list of known serial adapters that will work with the unit.
A simple tutorial on using Tuner Pro RT for tuning the MAFT Pro
A section to list out and explain in as much detail as possible every parameter within MAFT Pro (V5.27 has a lot of new features not listed in any of the "guides" I've found so far.)
A section for tuning in AFC mode
A section for tuning in SD mode
A section for running the unit with a GM MAF in blow through
An FAQ section - common problems and the fixes
- - - - There will inevitably be more, but That's the basic groundwork I'm looking at for now - - - -

Included in this zip would be the most up to date versions of the firmware, tuner pro rt, the TCPU utility for updating and retrieving BINS, current definition files for the supra chassis

I am really looking forward to doing this as quickly as possible, yet as complete as possible.
What I would like to have the community do is be able to offer any FACTUAL data or references relating to anything MAFT Pro
I only have experience using this system in SD mode, and any info relating to AFC mode of GM MAF setup would have to come from other reputable sources.

I do not want to step on anyone's toes with this either. I know there are several members that are already heavily involved with the MAFT Pro and work with Bob on the system. If any one of these members would like to oppose this, please let me know, and I will cease completely. I'm not looking to plagerize,infringe on copyrights, or in general piss anyone off. I'm just meerly looking to provide a solid base knowledge base for anyone that has, or will be installing the MAFT Pro system.

Also, any information sourced from a website, or other previously published source will be given the credit that is deserved and cited as to be proper with this.

Thoughts, Ideas????

BTW, thanks to everyone who has offered up thier know-how and expertise when I was dealing with my myriad of problems that I've had over the past 5 years :biglaugh:

90mkiiisupra400hp

Mar 20, 2011
Gardiner, Maine
I think this is an awesome idea. This is exactly what we need, I've had the Maft Pro in speed density for almost a year, and still haven't really figured out what I am dealing with especially when it comes to setting up timing control/monitor. If there is anything I can help with just let me know.

veedubin

Official SM Decals
90mkiiisupra400hp;1857401 said:
I think this is an awesome idea. This is exactly what we need, I've had the Maft Pro in speed density for almost a year, and still haven't really figured out what I am dealing with especially when it comes to setting up timing control/monitor. If there is anything I can help with just let me know.

Love your sig: "MAFT PRO w/ speed density and boost control, and a Whole lot of frustration" This is the exact reason I'm trying to do this.
If you are looking to contribute, that is awesome! Right now, I'm searching for a complete list of all menus and parameters within the menus for the latest V5.27
I had found it online a few weeks ago, but due to having to dump my laptop, I have lost it. Also if you have had any issues with setup that you have overcome, feel free to pass those on. The FAQ section will be an evergrowing section to list all the issues that come up for owners.

Thanks again!