Looking for some measurements on control arm bolts.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Does anybody know what the diameter of the long upper control arm bolt, as well as the lower control arm bolts where it mounts to the frame are? (i.e. 5/8", 1/2" and so on)

Also, on the lower arms, can anybody measure the width of where it mounts up to the car (where the bushings are).

I'd measure these things myself, but I'm about an hour or more away from my car and was kinda hoping someone would have those measurements on here.

Thanks in advance.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Wiisass;1264163 said:
I don't have the measurements written down. Maybe someone else does. I think I have some of this stuff lying around, so I'll try and get them measured this weekend if no one posts anything.

Tim

That'd be awesome if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I'd measure mine, but I don't get a lot of chances to get to my garage, so I'd like to have my ducks in a row before I head down there.

Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance...

...or something like that.

Last edited:

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
The long front upper bolt and all the rear bolts are 14mm diameter, with the same threads, though obviously different lengths. They all have 19mm hex heads and nuts.

The lower fronts are larger diameter than the rest at 16mm diameter. The metal tube inside the bushing is 2.96" long (7.52mm). At least mine are, since I made them... That'd be the distance between the ears on the car. The tube on the arm is 2.36" long (60mm), including the steel sleeve around the rubber bushing. The arm is maybe 1/10" shorter. I left that sleeve in there when I cut out the rubber bushing.

If you're thinking of getting replacement bolts, keep in mind that these are at least grade 12.6 with fine threads. They're not your ordinary hardware store bolts.

Asterix

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Well, I was looking for the sizes to see if I could source a bushing that would match it. I'm toying around with the idea of making upper arms with replaceable ball joints (for personal use, not for resale), and, if I'm going to go through the trouble, I figured I might as well make the lowers, too.