Looking for a used car, possibly GS300

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
After all this time, I'm thinking of buying another car. The mk3 has almost 223k miles, my 89 F150 has around 150k, and I'm wondering what it'd be like to drive something made in this millenium!

I remember seeing Rodel's thread of his GS300 (damn!), and it made me look at those cars in a completely different way. I'd like to start looking for one but I was looking for some feedback from owners or previous owners of these cars. Also, suggestions on other cars would be welcome. I guess I'd like to stay in the Toyota family but something small like a Mazda 3 wagon's gas mileage also appeals.

Thanks!

SlaP

Jan 6, 2011
Richmond VA
I haven't owned one but I am a tech at Lexus so I can chime in on the maintenance side. They obviously share the same maintenance with any other n/a 2jz vehicle (carbon buildup issues ,etc). The real only issues you run in to with these things (as with any other toyota with similar suspension design), is play in control arm bushings or ball joints. The ball joints are not replaceable by them selves so a new arm has to be replaced. The main ones that go bad (quite often) are both the front and rear uppers. People don't expect the price tag of these things. $200 per control arm for the front uppers and almost $600 per control arm for those rears. Don't even know if you wanted this ramble. They are sick cars. You just have to pay to play.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
SlaP;1798793 said:
I haven't owned one but I am a tech at Lexus so I can chime in on the maintenance side. They obviously share the same maintenance with any other n/a 2jz vehicle (carbon buildup issues ,etc). The real only issues you run in to with these things (as with any other toyota with similar suspension design), is play in control arm bushings or ball joints. The ball joints are not replaceable by them selves so a new arm has to be replaced. The main ones that go bad (quite often) are both the front and rear uppers. People don't expect the price tag of these things. $200 per control arm for the front uppers and almost $600 per control arm for those rears. Don't even know if you wanted this ramble. They are sick cars. You just have to pay to play.

Exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

IBAS, thanks for the tip! I should be sensible and get a small car with the way gas prices are going.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Looking myself. The gs just looks super nice. I already have a truck, bike and the supra though. 4 methods of transportation may be a bit unnecessary, lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk