Looking for a 7mgte

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Anybody know of somebody in the north Texas or southern OK area with a 7mgte or just the bottom end from one? My engine either threw a rod or spun a bearing yesterday and I need a replacement. If y'all know of one that's less than 1200 in decent condition let me know. Only one I found has a knock already and they want 1200 for it.

Chris

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Looking down that avenue as well. I'm pulling the engine tomorrow and gonna strip it down to see just how bad it is. If its rebuildable I'll go back with a re-ring kit, timing belt kit and new oil pump with all ARP bolts/studs and a MHG. I'm also looking for a replacement just in case.

Chris

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
:slap:

Could it be just a coincidence that you started the "safe boost level" thread the other day? The first post on that thread was you need a wideband...just pointing out what happens when we crank up the boost before we make sure the engine is up for it. So rry for your loss.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
7M4EVR;1991753 said:
:slap:

Could it be just a coincidence that you started the "safe boost level" thread the other day? The first post on that thread was you need a wideband...just pointing out what happens when we crank up the boost before we make sure the engine is up for it. So rry for your loss.

I was doing my homework and getting or attempting to get good solid information as I did and made the choice not to turn up the boost until I had the required parts, because I was missing parts for the LEX/550 mod and no wideband I hadn't done anything to it yet.

Side note the motor is coming out today and getting stripped down to see if its rebuildable. I looked for a MKIII turbo for far too long (10 years for one in my price range and area that was in at least decent condition) to let this car go this quickly and like this. If its rebuildable and I can find a second bottom end I'll build it up with forged piston and H beam or I beam rods and forged pistons and go all out like I am doing with my Honda CRV.

Chris

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
I have a 7M block that still has a good crank, bearings, and rods in it currently. I know that one of the piston skirts was damaged, but the cross hatching and condition of the cylinders is perfect. It only had 500 miles put on it prior to having oil issues due to the skirt issues from the NPR pistons that were used in the rebuild. I already had a brand new 7M shortblock from Toyota so I only took off the various plugs, brackets, and bolts off of it to put the new one in the car.

It has been on an engine stand for the past 2 years in an engine bag and sprayed with WD40 prior to wrapping it up and covering it in the bag so there should be no corrosion or other issues with it in that regard.

I am in Austin and would be willing to bring it part way or even all the way to you if the price is right. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more or want pictures/more info.

Oh and I may not have many posts here, but I worked for SupraSport for 3 years, MVP and PHR for 2, and am a SuperMod over on the other forum. Plenty and plenty of MK3 people can vouch for me if needed.

Trent

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
UPDATE
Found a complete motor with a new head gasket for 550 and I plan on throwing in a re ring kit and if I have enough money a MHG if not already installed so I am starting with a fresh rebuild.

Chris