locks won't lock

mista_sup

Nov 13, 2006
atlanta
sometimes when i try to lock my doors with the switch it doesn't. i then have to keep pushing the lock button and it eventually locks, what could it be. i have a 89 7mge switched to gte.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
If the mechanism works but is merely really stiff, the old grease needs some help. Try taking off the inside door panel and spray down the mechanism with good spray lube like Tri-Flo or Super Lube. It's kind of a pain to get to it all, but a full can with the long spray tube does work.

After 20 years, the factory grease gets hard. It may even take a week or so after respraying for the new spray to soften the old hard grease.

Asterix

mista_sup

Nov 13, 2006
atlanta
cool did not think of that. will try it today..

Asterix;1126416 said:
If the mechanism works but is merely really stiff, the old grease needs some help. Try taking off the inside door panel and spray down the mechanism with good spray lube like Tri-Flo or Super Lube. It's kind of a pain to get to it all, but a full can with the long spray tube does work.

After 20 years, the factory grease gets hard. It may even take a week or so after respraying for the new spray to soften the old hard grease.

Asterix

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Do they go to the lock position the back to the unlock position? Mine do that sometimes.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
yeah i just had to change my door lock relay... there may be a bad connection in the relay... while the door is offtake off the relay and take it out of the case and check all the sodder connections make ure there are no breaks