(local question) Toronto - Best shop for MagnaFlux crack testing

mista_mr2

Feb 11, 2013
Toronto
Hey folks,

As the subject states, I'm looking to find a reputable shop in Toronto that people have a good experience with regards to Magna Flux crack testing.

I have purchased a spare 2JZ for $400 and its HG was blown, and main / rod bearings spun / cooked. Everything looks salvageable (bearings aside), however I would like to have the block & head crack tested before proceeding with any machining work.

I've stripped most of the head down, just a few remaining studs to yank out and I'll have the machine shop pull out the valve guides as I'd prefer not to make a mess of them.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Any recommendations for shops in the Greater Toronto Area? (based on experience, no speculation please)

xCxHxRxIxSx

Mar 4, 2011
Oakville, Ontario
There's a shop in North York called Canadian Cylinder Head Tech. They share a building with Dynamotorsports tuning shop and do tons of work for them, and recently built a 2jz that is making well over 1000whp. They did the machine work on my 7m and the costs were very fair. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Canadian Cylinder Head Technologies, Inc

70 Vanley Crescent
Downsview, Ontario
M3J 2B8

Tel: (416) 630-0854
Toll Free: 1-800-310-4635

mista_mr2

Feb 11, 2013
Toronto
xCxHxRxIxSx;1920935 said:
There's a shop in North York called Canadian Cylinder Head Tech. They share a building with Dynamotorsports tuning shop and do tons of work for them, and recently built a 2jz that is making well over 1000whp. They did the machine work on my 7m and the costs were very fair. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Canadian Cylinder Head Technologies, Inc

70 Vanley Crescent
Downsview, Ontario
M3J 2B8

Tel: (416) 630-0854
Toll Free: 1-800-310-4635

Thanks for the info! I'll give them a shout and get the ball rolling! It sucks looking at the 2J and not being able to go any further - not sure if its cracked or not.