Kyle87t's "Story Time" Build Thread

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Well well well... Where do I start...

"It's Story Time!"

I bought my car back in July of 2005 2 hours north of where I live. It is actually about 5 minutes from my cottage. I didnt know much about Supra's at that time. Unfortunately I payed a pretty penny for it and alot of what the guy sais wasnt true. It was upgraded with this and that. He said it had 500 horsepower. Hey... I believed him. Stupid me. The only thing done to it was an apexi filter, and a 2.5" catback replacing the one cat. Almost 500 :D. The day I bought it, on the way home the radiator overheated. I felt so bad... I noticed when I looked in the overflow, there was nothing in there. The idiot didnt even fill it up! To top that off, he leaves a full bottle of transmission fluid in the engine bay. :aigo:

Here are some pictures on the day I got the car.

p303853_1.jpg

p303853_2.jpg

This is pictures from home the next day.

p303853_3.jpg

p303853_4.jpg

p303853_5.jpg

Since these pictures, the entire stereo system and the tachometer were removed thankfully. Nice clean carpet in the back finally enough room for the targa.

The car needed new brakes so we had that done a couple days later. The next day around 7am we go to leave for the cottage again. We look on the driveway and there is a small puddle of power steering fluid. Uh, this is turning into a nightmare on the second day already. We drive it back up monitoring the fluid level. At this stage my dad is building our new cottage with a contracting partner. There is noone near by that seems reputable enough to leave my Supra with. :biglaugh: My dads partner says that about 20 minutes from here he knows a guy that will take good care of it. I trust him so I give the car to him to take up. Weeks and weeks go by and I dont have the means to pick the car up because I dont know how to drive stick. :icon_conf (dont ask) So my dads partner was nice enough to take it back to his place. At this point it is winter and it is snowing all over my car. OMG!!! Around the January time, my dad and his partner get into a fight over money and my dads partner is using my car for ransom. LOL.

Fast track to about April. I finally get my car towed from a government compound. My dads partner gets charged with theft. It isnt really persued any farther. When I got my car back there was a 4 foot long key scratch on the passenger side, massive scuff marks on the rear bumper and the clutch pedal wouldnt engage. Well you could say I was royally pissed off.

Here are the pictures after a nice bath.

p303853_6.jpg

p303853_7.jpg

p303853_8.jpg

p303853_9.jpg

p303853_10.jpg

Ebay BOV installed with silicone seal by the previous owner. Cool eh?
p303853_11.jpg

p303853_12.jpg

manual boost controller which I couldnt find.
p303853_13.jpg
p303853_14.jpg

p303853_15.jpg

From July till now, the car has been driven a total of probably 400 km. One problem right after the other. Some of you may have seen my most recent thread about my car problems. If not, please take a look.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24521
You are probably saying to yourself, why is this idiot going T4 if his car isnt even fixed yet? Dont worry kids, that will be done first. :D

I somehow got in touch with the owner before the guy I bought the car from. He is a member of the Toronto Supra Club. We got talking about tan leather seats and how that option is rarer than most of the other interior options, especially on a black car. I told him I had front cloth seats and he said he used to also. I described my car to him and told me that this is indeed his car. I was very excited because I could finally find out what was put into this car. (See Uprades in my sig) I was very happy to find out what was really done to my car.

Well here I am today. I have a thread up now selling most of what I have for performance upgrades. I decided to go T4, this probably wasnt such a good idea, but I am too far in to stop now. I have never purchased so many things in my entire life than I have in the past couple weeks.

I will be updating the thread with pics as new parts arrive. I have never taken apart a motor before and removing things like the PS resevoir and the valve covers will be a tough challenge for me. Give me the power!

Last edited:

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
Well this is what I have and what I have ordered so far.

- Garrett T04E 57mm Compressor Wheel, .82 A/R Tangential Hot Side
(Supposedly good for 500+ at 30 psi. Full boost at approx 3700rpm.)
- MDC worked SSA Tubular Manifold
- MDC Manifold Spacer (WORK OF ART)
- MDC Custom Oil Lines
- HKS Replica Wastegate w/ Genuine HKS 10 PSI Spring
- Half Made Polished 3" V-Band Downpipe
- RS*R GT2 Exmag Exhaust
- 2.5" Custom IC Pipes (Goes under Intake Pipe, through Headlight hole)
- 4" Custom Intake Pipe
- 4" K&N Filter
- HKS SSQV BOV
- Aeromotive FPR
- Walbro Fuel Pump
- Greddy Catch Can w/ AN Fittings
- Earl's SS Braided Hose
- NGK 3330 Spark Plugs
- NGK Spark Plug Wires
- Polished Spark Plug Galley
- Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Kit
- J-Tube Block Off Plate
- Billet CPS Cover

Here is a pic of 90t04's car. Those are the IC Pipes I will be using. Hopefully they will fit because his Garrett Turbo is on a T4 adaptor. ::1zhelp:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Things I still Need:

- Test Pipe
- Complete the Down Pipe
- MAFT-Pro

I also plan on taking a few things to get powder coated. The engine bay is a bit dirty with a hint of rust behind the cam gears and the front suspension towers are. I want to get rid of that and powder coat the ugly pieces.

I may get Titam Cam Gears, Greddy Extreme Timing Belt, and the ATI Clear Cover depending on how badly the stock pieces are. If my cam gears are wobbling, it cant hurt to get new ones :D Do it right the first time, correct?

I dont think the car will be finished until probably next summer. I may just get the car running and drive it selectively during the winter and throw on the upgrades around Spring time.

Well here are the pictures of some of the stuff I have.

That is not my scronny arm to let you know. Thats my bro's skinny ass arm.
RS*R GT2
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

T4 Setup
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Everything else I ordered is on its way to my house.

I just want to say that this wouldnt have been possible if it werent for the following people.

Jon at MDCMotorsports
Rakkasan

Jon, your products are top notch, the best quality ive seen.
Rakkasan, thank you for selling your T4 kit to me. I got a great kit from you and your a great guy to deal with.

Thanks a bunch guys!

Last edited:

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
Looking good man, did that lil DP come with the kit its nice and shiny... I like the spacer from Jon you got. Never saw it before untill now, kinda wish i got it. I like how it angled a little bit too. but keep up the good work and keep us posted with pics!

tomz

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Kyle87T said:
Ya the downpipe came with the setup. What should the completion of the downpipe cost? I figured probably about $150? Maybe less?

Hey, nice house! I love the rolls of drawings laying on the floor of your office...:biglaugh:

Cool Kyle, I'll follow this thread with a great amount of interest.

Untouchable7mgte said:
Looking good man, did that lil DP come with the kit its nice and shiny... I like the spacer from Jon you got. Never saw it before untill now, kinda wish i got it. I like how it angled a little bit too. but keep up the good work and keep us posted with pics!

tomz

Lots of time went into polishing the DP. Little did I know that my time spent polishing it with aluminum polish was a waste of time, as there is a stainless steel polish that works impressively.

Jon does the nicest work I've seen yet. so hats off to him.

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
Since my car isnt going to be running properly for a few months, I figured I would make a Supra parts Shrine of all the parts that are going in the car lol. Nah thats not true. My office upstairs was cluttered so I had to bring everything to the basement.

Here they are:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg