Kouki Tail lights for MKIV?

Heartbeatracer

Sep 14, 2012
Utah
Anyone think the Kouki Tail lights are worth it, or should I go with the JDM lights for the MKIV white pearlescent?

Last edited by a moderator:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
'97-'98 taillights are nice, especially on a white car, however I prefer the 1st gen (zenki), but that's a matter of preference really.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Just to contribute to the MkIV section so it has some activity, can anyone post a picture of the difference? I believe the 97-98 lights had a dark gray background behind the lights, correct? Not sure what the earlier ones looked like...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Thanks Mike. Nothing I have to be concerned with now, but the girlfriend is wanting a MkIV as her next car, so it may come up eventually. I get the feeling that it would depend on the paint on the car really... I can see the new style looking great on the IJM, and white cars, but the old style looks great on black, red, orange, blue, etc...

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Just to be clear, Japan used the same tail lights as we did, so there aren't really any "JDM" tail lights. :)

Some places in Europe did move the lights around inside the housing though (orange - red - white - red instead of orange - red - red - white). These were only available for the early style, as the Supra wasn't sold outside of Japan and North America after 1996.

Jeff