Kind of Surprised :) But none the less 2 kills in 10mins

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
That mazdaspeed3 was probably close to mine as far as power, I have "stage 1" bolt ons (cobb stage 1 is a cold air intake and catback exhaust) plus a ported TMIC and upgraded turbo inlet pipe. I don't have the reflash though.

Here's my last dyno session with mine.
rtams3portedictest.jpg

They do have impressive low end power, boost starts at 1,500rpm and 16psi is around 2,500 (the dyno chart doesn't show this because I don't like to go WOT on that car below 2500RPM because it puts alot of stress on the motor and I don't normally do it on the street anyway). Top end power sucks because of that small turbo though. I shift around 6K.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I've heard good things about the Mazdaspeed 3's, but there aren't any around here to my knowledge, so I've never had a chance to play with one. I've heard good things about them, but looking at your own 1j dyno graph in your other thread Destrux, it's really not much of a comparison. Gearing and a bit less weight are about all the MS3 would have on a Supra.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
The supra is a beast, the Mazda is a razor. The only other car I have ever driven that handled with the same precision was an integra type r. Its like no matter what you do you can't upset it. Its almost boring. Nothing like the supra that will scare you if you get out of hand. I enjoy both.

Sent from my Huawei-U8652 using Tapatalk

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I hear ya, my girlfriend has one. Even on stock suspension and stock tires, they're surprisingly well balanced cars. :)

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
destrux;1825962 said:
The supra is a beast, the Mazda is a razor. The only other car I have ever driven that handled with the same precision was an integra type r. Its like no matter what you do you can't upset it. Its almost boring. Nothing like the supra that will scare you if you get out of hand. I enjoy both.

Sent from my Huawei-U8652 using Tapatalk

That's how I feel about my Subaru, it's so predictable it's almost boring to drive. The car feels extremely well balanced though.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SupraMedical68;1826386 said:
That's how I feel about my Subaru, it's so predictable it's almost boring to drive. The car feels extremely well balanced though.
This is something I'm almost afraid of with what I'm doing to the Mk3... I figure by the time I'm done with it, the limits will be well beyond the capacity of how my balls will let me drive. :p

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Quick pull on how the car is running

CT26 60-1 @ 15psi dropping to 13psi
Apexi Power Intake
Walbro 255
560cc injectors (EVO 8)
Lexus AFM
Aeromotive AFPR
Tial Knock Off
Titan Cam Gears