kill, and unkill

Spiv

hooligan
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando, Fl
with all this being broken into and all I forgot I was going to post up a couple kill stories. First, saturday, coming back from HIN orlando a 350z started kicking it around on the highway so I decided to give him a run. Keep in mind my clutch won't hold at full boost, so I'm running limp anyway.

We slow down to 60, I pop it in 3rd and let it cruise for a second, hear him nail it and I do the same. I pick up about 2-2.5 car lengths on him before I hit 4th. I check the mirror and he's gaining! So I think, alright, he's got a longer 3rd, revs higher, etc. I hear him shift (by now he's less than a car length), and he keeps gaining. Then passing. Beats me by a car length or so by 120 when we both let off.

We line up again, I signal him to roll down the window and ask him what he's got (thinking turbo kit or something?) "A 6 cylinder!" he yells. Which I think either means "stock don't know shiat about cars" or "sleeper not telling." Guy looks like a mook, so guessing the former, can't figure it out. Go for a second run. Since I was talking to the guy I turned the radio off (was just down for the first run). Slow to 60, line up, devil to the floor. Almost instantly I hear "WSSSHHHHHH" under the hood, boost leak. Du'uh. I guess I popped a hose on the 3-4 shift of the first run.

Second one, two days later I'm a little late for class so I leave a light...with authority. Not nail it or anything, but boost slightly to get up to speed. Next light, I do the same, except this time (with the radio up) I hear a roaring V8; I guess the guy at the previous light thought I meant to race him. I'm already in 3rd at 40mph, and he's door to door with me in his monte carlo (which I think is a v6? sounded like an 8, props to chevy exhaust or whoever did the swap, depending on what it was). So I gently roll on the throttle a little more and put some distance between us. We get to the next light and he rolls down the window to shout "NICE RUN!"

I was so dumbfounded all I Could say was "...ok...nice run." Didn't have the competence at that moment to say "boost leak, slipping clutch, AC on, and oh yeah, didn't know we were racing jackass" so he nails it when the light turns green and I just roll off the line with the rest of traffic too stunned to give it another go.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
hahaha yea i had a guy racing me and i didnt even realize it cus i was talking about 4 lights later the guy in the pasenger seat pauses, dude is this guy in the geo racing you? i look over and the guy is just looking at me laughing and trying to talk to me. i was like is that why he's been going forward and back so much??? i geuss i made his day cus he beet a supra off of the line 4 times. glad i knew about it.

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
The geo guy had a story to tell his buddies. You are so nice for giving him that gift. I love it when people are racing and you can't tell, it's funny.