JZA70 rear subframe into an '87 NA MA70 Please Help!!

Heggy

Apr 5, 2012
Vaudreuil-Dorion
I am doing a 1JZ swap into an '87 NA and was swapping out the rear subframe to take advantage of the stock JZA70 rear end I got with my clip. Things were going quite well until I noticed that the rear bushings were slightly different. So I just cut the rubber bolt / bushing centering molding off of the washers that fit between the body and the rear bushings and mounted the subframe. All the bolts line up fine and the front bolts and plate fits fine, but the bolts for the rear bushings are not long enough to go thru the rear bushings. Has anyone had this issue? It appears that the bushings are different along with the washer that goes between the bushing and the frame. Is this just applicable to the newer model Supra 89+ or is this something that is specific to the JZA70? I can seem to find any info on the subframe differences or part references for the bolts and bushing hardware.

Cheers!

Heggy

Apr 5, 2012
Vaudreuil-Dorion
Heggy;2006875 said:
I am doing a 1JZ swap into an '87 NA and was swapping out the rear subframe to take advantage of the stock JZA70 rear end I got with my clip. Things were going quite well until I noticed that the rear bushings were slightly different. So I just cut the rubber bolt / bushing centering molding off of the washers that fit between the body and the rear bushings and mounted the subframe. All the bolts line up fine and the front bolts and plate fits fine, but the bolts for the rear bushings are not long enough to go thru the rear bushings. Has anyone had this issue? It appears that the bushings are different along with the washer that goes between the bushing and the frame. Is this just applicable to the newer model Supra 89+ or is this something that is specific to the JZA70? I can seem to find any info on the subframe differences or part references for the bolts and bushing hardware.

Cheers!

Please ignore this post. I am ashamed to admit what the problem was.....