Just thought I'd share this with everyone

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
BusterMK3;1931559 said:
On top of it statefarm told me $2900/6 months!!
How old are you, 9? I mean, I thought ~200-250/month was bad when I was younger. Not even sure I ever payed *quite* that much, but I seem to recall it being close to that.

Or do you just have a terrible driving record?

Also, dangoltellyawhutman... yeah.

BusterMK3

0-BHG In 77K
Feb 20, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
te72;1931728 said:
How old are you, 9? I mean, I thought ~200-250/month was bad when I was younger. Not even sure I ever payed *quite* that much, but I seem to recall it being close to that.

Or do you just have a terrible driving record?

Also, dangoltellyawhutman... yeah.

I was told "lack of insurance history in the state of Georgia, along with your previous history of NVDL Jan 2013, followed by running a stop sign Feb 2013" But the NVDL ticket was dismissed in court because the officer couldn't verify my license (FL license) when I had first moved up to GA so he assumed it was a fake, but in actuality was just a prick so I had to go to traffic court in Dekalb County and get that resolved but yet it showed up on my driving record.. Guess I have to take another trip to the DMV >:/

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Yeah...
I've got 2 vehicles and a bike with maximum coverage, $0 ded, Roadside, and Rental and pay <$500 / 6month term...

I'd look elsewhere.

BusterMK3

0-BHG In 77K
Feb 20, 2013
Progressive is telling me $144/month with state minimum + comprehensive (incase some jackass hits me when its in a parking lot or whatever) with a $100 ded... I'm thinking that seems like my best bet. Anyone here have suggestions on who to try?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
BusterMK3;1932072 said:
Progressive is telling me $144/month with state minimum + comprehensive (incase some jackass hits me when its in a parking lot or whatever) with a $100 ded... I'm thinking that seems like my best bet. Anyone here have suggestions on who to try?
Honestly, given what you've mentioned, I'd say that isn't *that* bad. I've been with Progressive for nearly 8 years now, no complaints here. Just don't tell them if someone ELSE hits your vehicle, because you'd be going after their insurance, and the one time I did that, Progressive was all too eager to start a claim. Showed up on my papers with them for something like 3 years, although I don't believe it cost me anything, still... was kinda annoying. :p

BusterMK3

0-BHG In 77K
Feb 20, 2013
I've just never really had insurance under my name, everytime I bought a car it was under my mother's name just to make things easy, and my insurance was under hers if you get what I'm saying.. oh well atleast I'm not living in Tampa anymore, insurance is higher there for me being a young guy in a tourist state with a bunch of idiots driving rentals and old people in their 1990's Buick's driving the wrong way down a one way in Ybor.. LOL.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Holy cow that's expensive.I don't think I've ever paid over 100/month. :p

Right now I pay 350 every 6 months for the Supra and Mr2 with complete coverage in the Supra.

Clean driving record pays off big time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BusterMK3

0-BHG In 77K
Feb 20, 2013
suprarx7nut;1936375 said:
Holy cow that's expensive.I don't think I've ever paid over 100/month. :p

Right now I pay 350 every 6 months for the Supra and Mr2 with complete coverage in the Supra.

Clean driving record pays off big time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So does age and previous insurance history

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2