Just another 7mgte idling like crap and missing under load

Ryan_

May 8, 2013
Earth
Hey guys, long time browser here and first time posting a thread, but I need some help with my 7m

7mgte, upgraded ct-26 replacement with *garrett internals* (local turbo shop) :dunno:
Zeitronix zt-2 Wideband
RC550's
Aeromotive FPR
HKS FCD
Devilsown methanol kit (not in use atm)

Re done the head and used ARP studs/ Cometic MLS HG. After playing with the vaccum spaghetti, I got the car to start however it idles like complete crap, and under load she starts to miss. I am getting spark on all cylinders, but cylinders 1/6 and 2 were not firing (tested by running the engine and removing wires from the coil packs and no change in idle). The plugs (brand new, not gapped) are pretty fouled with carbon already, and the wideband shows 17-18 afr, and under load jumps to 21, then goes down to 12 or so (was like this before the bhg). when I lowered fuel pressure (30 psi) the afr at idle went down a touch, I lowered the fuel pressure cause of the carbon on the plugs indicated a rich mixture -Could my o2 sensor for my wideband give crazy readings cause its covered in black sut? how about the stock o2 sensor, also covered in black sut with a burnt plug, could this contribute also?
Vaccuum when running was only 10 psi..
Also getting code 31, and will test the ECU tomorrow because this is the 3rd afm and still the same code. and maybe check if the injectors are firing.

Can anyone see code 31 being the sole culprit?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Ryan_;2076696 said:
Also getting code 31, and will test the ECU tomorrow because this is the 3rd afm and still the same code.

That is a clue.

However, nobody can see your car but you. I say that because it is your first post.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
You have 550cc injectors, but no way to control the fuel??
You need something to balance them back out, like a Lexus afm housing, or a piggyback fuel controller.
Changing the base fuel pressure alone wouldn't provide the precision you'll need for this.

Ryan_

May 8, 2013
Earth
I forgot to mention I also have the Lexus afm housing,
So I tested the leads from the ecu plug to the afm plug, and all wires have continuity except E02 - Power ground. I'd like to assumine this is the source of my issue?
E01 - Power ground had continuity, but I'm not sure how these grounds work since theyre not isolated to the afm only -or atleast I dont think they are.

Can anyone verify that If I did a simple continuity test from the afm plug E02 to the corresponding terminal on the ecu plug (battery disconnected) I would have continuity or no continuity?

Thanks all.

Last edited: