Just a quick vid of my 7M powered Supra

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Thanks man :) Im tossing up weather I should go divorced downpipe or just stick with the recirculating that I have now...

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
So you have a stock down pipe on there now? and yes this style ddp recirculated make a massive difference when I put my on the car literally scared me the first hard pull. I Frankensteined my down pipe had a 3 inch that bolted to the stock elbow and cut it and mated it to the ddp turned out great. Oh and the sound it make is amazing so worth the welding to make it work.

started out as the bottom pipe.
p1854004_1.jpg

the into this

p1854004_2.jpg

p1854004_3.jpg

p1854004_4.jpg

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Keep it recirculated. I personally dislike the way 'open wastegates' sound (basically what the non recirculated ddp is) Sounds to garbagey <-- I know that's not a word.

It screams too loud and just sounds bleh. Same thing when I had my Eagle Talon. Keeping it recirculated helps keep the tone that the engine itself produces along with wastegate opening up and following the normal exhaust route.

Just my opinion.

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Yeah I've already got a recirculating downpipe, and it pulled a hell of a lot stronger then stock but I was curious as to whether or not a complete divorced setup was any better, probably not that much hey....

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Whether or not the non recirculated makes more power is a good question, but I dislike the excessive "air" sound it makes. Seems to override the exhaust note...