Just a bloke from oz who enjoy's his man toy's.

blnls1

Aug 15, 2013
Melbourne
G'day all,
I have joined your forum because I have a thirst for knowledge and there's no better way to learn but from other's experience's. This new thirst is fuelled by my recent purchase of a 1JZ powered vehicle. I'll say straight up that i don't own a supra. But one of my cars share's the same engine which is why i"m here. The intentions were to use this as a daily driver and keep the modifications to a minimum. But as with my other motorised possessions......I have no will power when it comes to the "power drug".

I have, and will continue to spend hours reading and absorbing the knowledge that is on offer from these forums and I thought it was about time that I introduced myself. I hope that I can contribute back to the community by becoming an active user of the forums and maybe I might be able to help others here and there.....

Anyway I'll start by showing you guys my latest project. I bought it cheap and have the intentions of using it to learn to tune with, as aftermarket parts and replacement engine's are fairly cheap.

It's a 1991 Toyota Cressida.

Mods so far.

Engine and Trans-
JZZ30 Toyota Soarer 1JZ-GTE engine non vvti, Stock twin turbo.
A340 Auto trans with modified valve body.
Custom 2.5inch dump pipes to 3inch exhaust.
Front mount intercooler.
Alloy Radiator with custom twin 12inch thermo fan setup.

Brakes/suspension
R33 Nissan Skyline 4 pot front brake calipers and BA Falcon 330mm front disc rotors up front. Standard Cressida rear brakes.
BC coil over's front and rear.

I'm still running the stock JZX90 ECU at the moment, I have a AEM V2 that i'm having problems with that i wont go into here. I'll start another thread soon on that.

Here's a couple of crappy pics off my phone.

ME(on the left) AND A MATE AT THE BIG KOALA ON THE WAY BACK TO MELBOURNE FROM ADELAIDE.

HOMEMADE EXHAUST. WORKS WELL. NOT TOO LOUD.

Fitting front mount cooler.

Here's a few pics of the other things that keep me busy.....

VZ Executive Commodore (GTO I think in the states)

I built this car from stock standard to where it is now. I have intentionally kept it as stock looking as possible as the police are very strict over here in Victoria Australia.
It got a little out of hand in regards to modifications and is a bit mental to drive on the streets everyday. Since these pics i'm halfway through going to E85. I have all the parts just have to find the time to fit them. Last time on the dyno it made 385 RWKW and 1050NM and ran 10.90 @ 127mph driven to and home from the track.

I also have some 2 wheel power goodness but it's getting late and i have to work tomorrow.

Anyway enough of that non supra stuff. Look forward to good times on supramaninia!

Thanks

blnls1