JL 15W0

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
My buddy wants to trade me his 15'' for my IC core. It comes in a box, but i wanna be able toput my targa in the trunk still. Any suggestions? BTW I need the rear seats because I'm the one that drives my homegirls when we party/club.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Do you carry a spare tire?
a custom box in the spare tire well will hold a 15". Although a 12" or 10" will be much easier to find boxes that fit under the targa, and will probably sound better in our cars.

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
I think it would sound as good at low volume because no matter what, the shape of the targa is gonna carry the sound to the front. Are you sure that it will clear and have enough air for sound if I made a box for the spare tire?

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
The targa braces are at least 8 inches above the carpet if I remember, might even be higher. And remember the targa slopes up slightly in the middle.

Decide on what shape you want the box. You could make it just a basic cylinder that sits in the spare tire well. Grab a tape measure, measure how wide the circle is where the spare sits, and how high from the bottom of the spare well(directly in the middle since it's the highest point) to the targa(with the targa locked in its mounts.

This should give you a Diameter of something like 20", and a height of around 18"-22"? Now that's not that big of a box, a smaller sub would probably get the job done easier, and better. My measurements are a total guess though, I haven't looked in my hatch in months. You really gotta go out and get some measurements, and find out what the suggested enclosed box size for that sub is. Good luck.