Jet's rebuild.

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Go figure?? ONly thing different was cleaned and flowed the injectors, not one injector would fire..put my 440's back in and fired right up. Temp shot up on me though, hope i didn't hurt it. I'll deal with that another time. SHIT!!
Jet.

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Today i ran it for a while purging the cooling system and it did not overheat, it behaved normally, had it idling for maybe an hour on and of changing the rpm and monitoring the temp and water level, that's right water for now after a week i will switch to coolant. So far it behaved normally, i took it for a drive and all seemes normal, my shift cable needs adjusting...It's Back!!!
Jet

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
IJ. said:
You idled a new motor for an hour? :aigo:
Varied the RPM but i had to purge the cooling system maybe an hour maybe 30 mins but did vary the throttle during that time. Last night was not so nice i had to purge the cooling system. Unless you have other ideas the only way i know is to run it, not to mention the real break in will be doing 70 to 100 mph on the freeway back and forth to work. It will be fine.
Jet.

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
dbsupra90 said:
glad you got it running man!
I ran it up the freeway and all seems normal so i will drive it to the prison(work) this weekend, so far it seems ok, i have not hooked up the boost controller yet so i am only boosting .5 with a stock turbo. That's fine, put 1k miles on it and then i will decide what next.
Jet

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
IJ. said:
Jet: Sorry if you took offence but 7M's have very hard Cast Iron in the block and tend to glaze the bores fairly quickly.
None taken, but i totally understand your point as i am involved with break in of new cylinders on small aircraft, the rule is run it hard for the first 10 to15 hours, not mistreat the thing but run it hard at high power settings to get the temps in the cylinder walls up to break in the rings, I don't believe i did any detriment to the engine however the result would be seen in the rings and evident on the plugs, oil. Thanks though.
Jet

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Ok folks, this is it next is the paint shop. This is what we are looking at now. The rework on the transmission is incredibly different.
Lexus AFM
Greddy Profec Spec2
Stock CT (need to get my 60 up to John MDC)
DoLuck exhaust
Megan DP
Upgraded Elbow
ST Springs MK4T wheels
Stock 440's 550's on the way
Built A340E
Needs paint badly
Jet.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 10
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 7
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 7
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Jetfixr757 said:
Go figure?? ONly thing different was cleaned and flowed the injectors, not one injector would fire..put my 440's back in and fired right up. Temp shot up on me though, hope i didn't hurt it. I'll deal with that another time. SHIT!!
Jet.
Get this, the company that did my injectors have taken them back for cleaning, they said if they sat around for any period of time the solution they use gums, so they are cleaning them again at no charge. Then we'll See.
Jet.

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
MDCmotorsports said:
William????

Yes you do need to come up and see the shop, and the new HKS TA51 67mm turbo sitting on my engine!

You also need to make it to chi2k6 this year!
LOUD and CLEAR John, next week is a good week to head up to your neck of the woods, when is CHI2K?? need dates to plan.
William

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
I know for sure i am off the 1st week of August but let me do some checking, so far the Steed is not doing badly, i may just drive up on early afternoon, just to give it a run.
William