is this worth it?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
I will bet that thing is loaded with problems that aren't even mentioned. The interior is mismatched and trashed, front end panels don't line up right, and it's clear the car hasn't been taken care of in a long time. I feel sorry for whomever buys that car, but hopefully it will be saved.

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
And I only thought MKIII guys hacked things together...that thing looks horrible.

However something to work with if the price is right.

Last edited:

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Yeah watch out with ebay, I bought my mk3 on there and was totally lied to.

Guy told me it was a 1989 supra, it seemed to fit the bill. However, turns out it was a 1986.5, with most of the body panels from some supra thats 1989+, and its got a engine from a 1987 supra. Not to mention the swap was done horribly, the SAFC2 didnt work right even though that was supposed to be one of the big selling points. He also told me how it had a walbro 255lph fuel pump which was a flat out lie, completly stock fuel pump. And also the interior is a mess.

But in the end, to fix all of these problems it cost me a little over $1000 so I guess it didnt all turn out bad.

I guess I rambled on there for a bit, but my answer to your question is, maybe its worth it, but MAKE SURE its as it seems first.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
That cars a POS, in short, it's an NA-T that apparently wasn't done well since its got rod knock, the body kit is terribly installed, paint sucks, interior is junky at best and a salavge title meaning theres probably some sort of body issue that will more than likely cause a poor handling situation for whomever buys it.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Dang that thing sold for alot. I know of a few TT autos which sold for around 10K. Just slap a r154 in and call it a day.