Is hose still avialible

1933beer

Jul 24, 2016
Iowa, southwest
The heater hose that returns to the engine from the car has started to leak. 7mge car, question is can you still get the prebent / formed hose from Toyota or any body else? Or do people just use what ever size it is of universal?
I am not sure how to get the connection undone on the back of the engine. any advise would be welcome.

Thanks
Beer

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
I installed a Gates one from RockAuto and it is molded exactly like OEM with the proper bends in it like a snake. What I also used on my old supra that you can find in most auto parts stores is a one piece long hose with a single 90 degree bend at the end that you will have to cut it to fit. It I was to do it again I would go for the long single hose with the 90 degree bend at the end as it was easier to install and looks cleaner (not that anyone is looking back there anyways). On that lower hose clamp you might be able to get it with a long extension from the top of the cylinder head depending on where the clamp bolt lies but it is a very tight fit.

Also the heater core end is very fragile so do not get crazy when you are removing your old hose. The lower heater pipe is much stronger and can take more force if you have a problem.

1933beer

Jul 24, 2016
Iowa, southwest
FYI we used a gates hose it was on amazon so free shipping in two days. same bends as original. it was a pain to get the original off I had the clamp closer to the engine had to cut up my arm with a snub ratchet to get to the nut. I flipped it around when I put it back on and had my son with smaller arms wiggle the hose on the pipe behind the engine. the car had lost a half gallon of fluid and the temp gage had not moved. I don't thank we can trust the gage. in any case the car is operational again