Introduction & build of my mkiii xD

Chase-111

Aug 27, 2013
Vancouver bc
Hey everyone, my name is chase and I'm from Vancouver Canada. I've owned my 88 turbo supra for well over a year now and I'd like to introduce you to her and I. I've used this site daily since buying my car, and finilly thought it was time to make an account and ask for advice on my build plans.

My supra is a '88 turbo, targa, automatic. About 3 years before I bought it I had a full restoration done on it. Fresh paint, motor rebuild, everything. Then was sold, the owner between the restoration and me well he beat the car into the ground. The front and rear bumpers were unsalvageable, the seats were trashed, most of the interior pannels have been removed and cracked before re install. The car was just trashed, but it's what I could afford. And even if my parents and friends laughed at me for 'wasting money on it' I love that car.

Last winter I had done a few things, including removing the rear seats and building sub boxes in there place, I chopped the exhaust (personal choice), a MBC, put on some 17x8 wheels with 275 in the rear and 235s up front , I bought cheep bumpers front and rear (horrible choice) and I drove it for a bit.

The first street legal race of the year, an open to public for fun drag race in the summer time is where I finally poped the head gasket. The last race of the night, also my fastest - I ran a 14.013 @104mph was the race that did it. And she has been sitting ever since, until now..

Chase-111

Aug 27, 2013
Vancouver bc
Now that I have the funds to rebuild the car, I'm planning a very large, driveway friendly build. I'm a millwright by trade, and have been working on cars since I was a kid thanks to my father. Now it's my turn. So here il ask for any advice, ideas, or opinions you have on my goals. As well as I will show my progress and final completion.

First things first - what are my goals. I'm aiming towards a very very mild motor build. Near stock with a few get up and go goodies, even stock these are very fun cars to drive. Where I plan on having my leg up is with a valve body shim in the transition, and 4.30 gears in the rear end. What I noticed at the race track is how slow my 60' and 100' times were. Yes it's turbo'd but the high gear ratio was the down fall. I'm planning on stripping most of the interior as its already trashed, and it's burgundy- sorry but just hate the color. My plans are to replace it with aluminum panels. Door panels, rear panels, build a dash, and console . I've done some sheet metal fab before, and as long as I keep it simple I'm content with doing that myself.

Back to the motor, when I take the head off il be taking it in for a port job, have them check it all out, valve grind, and to machine the head strait. I plan on leaving the block in the car, depending on how bad it looks when I open it up, and just to use a stock style gasket as I won't need the block decked, and I'm not planning on going crazy. I have debated on using N/A cams as I've read it will bring the power curve down to lower rpm, any advice? Il be throwing on a new intercooler as well as hard pipes. I'm considering building a ffim as it cleans up the looks under the hood. And a new down pipe.. Anything else anyone can suggest?

Now il open it up to suggestions and feedback, thank you guys!