Intrax or Eibach

Bomberillo

Banned
Nov 14, 2008
Lynwood
I recently bought the intrax lowering springs with illumina 2's and while I was removing the old suspension, I found that the current springs are eibach. Once I installed the springs it actually raised the car. Currently the engine is out so i am wondering if I should stay with the intrax, and once i install the engine it will lower it down or should i stick with the eibach which have a manufacture date of 1998. What do you guyz think?

mr.b

densesmoke
Jan 23, 2009
Homeless in PR
I used 2 have Intrax and after 5 months aprox. the car got really low and it was really jumpy...... in my opinion Intrax is shitty.
Now i have Eibach with Tokiko, way better than Intrax

Bomberillo

Banned
Nov 14, 2008
Lynwood
Thanks for input guyz. I think Ill wait till the engine is back in before I make my decision. I was leaning towards the eibach though.

Montero22

Mar 1, 2009
Ormond Beach, FL
Eiback or Intrax are good, but intraxs are lower. I have my intrax on my supra since they came out. They say it lower its 1.8fr and 1.4 in the back, but my droped 2.2" in the front and 2.0" in the back. The shocks I had were kybs but the blow out. I went with BILSTEIN adj and the car drive like a dream and I can still go another 0.6" lower if I wanted to.:biglaugh:

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Intrax should be lower than Eibach, especially in the rear. I thought the Intrax were stiffer, maybe someone can add to that?

Dan McBoost

I don't roll stock whips.
Apr 17, 2005
Supratown NY
www.mcboost.com
I've had intrax in my car since 1999 and they are still great. No "jump-yness or lowering".

Possibly old are different than new?

BTW, my girls mk3 turbo has H&R (too low) which a local friend also had. He switched to intrax after I explained that what I ran and he still loves them. Although I am planning to go coilover sooner or later..

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I switched from Intrax to Eibach as well. Rear sits slightly higher than w/ the Intrax's, and that's how I like it. Didn't notice much difference as far as stiffness goes- thought they were quite similar in that regard. They're both progressive.