Insurance adjuster = awesome guy.

mixmastermatt

Former Nissan Junkie
Mar 30, 2006
Taftville, CT
My insurance adjuster came and looked at the supra yesterday. He had to run a few numbers before he could give me a quote. He called me back today with some awesome news. Apparently, my car was valued at just over $4500. The salvage value was about $300. The totalled amount would have been about $4200.90. He wrote up the damages to $4200.70. That's how much I'll be getting, plus the car isn't considered "totalled." As soon as the check comes in, I'll be ordering some goodies to make her all better.

In case you forgot what she looks like right now:
p218158_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's great news. He must be a car lover and didn't want to see her put out to pasture just yet. Now you can take that good karma (or good fortune if you don't believe in karma) and turn your car into a vette eating beast........lol

LEGNA

Feb 28, 2006
CT
OFF your knees soldier...lol thats very nice im glad for ya..it must be that cherry gatorade...hummmm!!!

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
I had a similar accident several years ago with my old Nissan Maxima. They really paid out but in the end my insurance went up quite a bit. I can't help but think they got every dollar back over the 3-4 year period before my rates dropped.
Good luck on your rebuild.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
leecheater said:
I had a similar accident several years ago with my old Nissan Maxima. They really paid out but in the end my insurance went up quite a bit. I can't help but think they got every dollar back over the 3-4 year period before my rates dropped.
Good luck on your rebuild.

you are quite right

the insurance companies are not in it to LOSE money ;) Quite the contrary! ;)

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
If the accident was your fault, you are in for a huge increase in your renewal premium. They might not get you right away, but when they do, it's gonna' hurt!:cry: My son's premium doubled,:icon_mad: after he repaired his WRX. Now the car is for sale, because he can't afford to drive it anymore!:3d_frown: Also, being that he is with me on State Farm, they have informed him that he will not be renewed at the end of the six months. However, he will be referred to a "high risk" carrier (Vern Fonk):aigo: who State Farm deals with exclusively, (a little kick-back maybe!?) and his rates will be more than a sane person would pay for that car!
Good luck!

mixmastermatt

Former Nissan Junkie
Mar 30, 2006
Taftville, CT
91T breezen' said:
If the accident was your fault, you are in for a huge increase in your renewal premium. They might not get you right away, but when they do, it's gonna' hurt!:cry: My son's premium doubled,:icon_mad: after he repaired his WRX. Now the car is for sale, because he can't afford to drive it anymore!:3d_frown: Also, being that he is with me on State Farm, they have informed him that he will not be renewed at the end of the six months. However, he will be referred to a "high risk" carrier (Vern Fonk):aigo: who State Farm deals with exclusively, (a little kick-back maybe!?) and his rates will be more than a sane person would pay for that car!
Good luck!

Accident wasn't my fault. Her insurance has already accepted responsibility, so my insurance will be getting their money back and my rates will not be affected.

The driver side frame rail is bent:
p218861_1.jpg

p218861_2.jpg

My plan is to pull the motor, which is coming along nicely, then cut out the aprons and the damaged part of the frame rail. I'm thinking of making an aluminum frame and cover with sheet metal in place of the aprons. Route all the wiring underneath and clean up the engine bay. I'll have to fab some rad supports and headlight housings.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
mixmastermatt said:
Accident wasn't my fault. Her insurance has already accepted responsibility, so my insurance will be getting their money back and my rates will not be affected.

The driver side frame rail is bent:
p218883_1.jpg

p218883_2.jpg

My plan is to pull the motor, which is coming along nicely, then cut out the aprons and the damaged part of the frame rail. I'm thinking of making an aluminum frame and cover with sheet metal in place of the aprons. Route all the wiring underneath and clean up the engine bay. I'll have to fab some rad supports and headlight housings.

Good for You!!! Looks like you are green lighted for some serious mods! Your Sentra SE-R looked like it was pretty bad-ass!:icon_evil What size Turbo did it have? I've been in a high 300's hp front wheel drive car, and it is just crazy with all the torque steer problems!:icon_razz Would rather mod a Supra any day!:icon_bigg

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I'd get a different body for your engine. but that's me.

I would have already done the same with my car years ago, but I feel compelled to keep freakin fixing it because my dad is the original owner :(

I've been contemplating changing bodies anyway just to get away from that stigma so the next time something happens I can just let it go and get a different car. Supra or otherwise. >:|