installed maf-basic..."no MAF signal"

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
I wired up my maft last night and the red indicator light kept blinking twice, which, according to the manual was "no maf signal"

Does anybody know why, or, what I should check to troubleshoot it?

Also, there are two black wires and two pink wires, how do I know which one's go to the maft, and which one's don't?

-Devon Goodspeed

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
alloyguitar said:
Alright, Maybe you can help me...I got the Maft, installed it in blow through mode, wired it using the maft manual and the ecu pinout and whenever i start the vehicle I'm getting the blinking red light (error code) that says I have "no maft signal..."

What I'm trying to figure out is if this is talking about the gm MAF, or the AFM signal, since the installation manual doesn't have the letters "AFM" anywhere in it...

the manual does need some rework. the installation section on page 2 should read as follows:

Pink - Switched +12volt power source
Black - ground (E2). AFM connector, Pin #1, Brown wire with black dot.
Green - Airflow signal (KS). AFM connector, Pin#3, Pale green wire, brown dot ,black stripe
Brown - Air temp signal (THA). AFM connector, Pin#4, Pale green wire, brown dot
White - RPM signal, connect the line leading from the ECU to the igniter. It's called 'IGT'.
Gray - HAC simulator signal, Connect to HAC signal wire at glove box (optional)
Purple - this wire triggers the AUX dial when the unit is set to RPM mode. Switch 12 volts to this wire to enable the aux adjustment.

alloyguitar said:
...Any ideas as to what I might have done incorrectly, and thoughts on how to correct it?

-Devon Goodspeed

again, sounds like you got a used MAFT w/the MAF connector missing. how do you have yours wired?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
alloyguitar said:
I wired up my maft last night and the red indicator light kept blinking twice, which, according to the manual was "no maf signal"

Does anybody know why, or, what I should check to troubleshoot it?

because the MAFT isn't seeing a hotwire MAF connected to it.

alloyguitar said:
Also, there are two black wires and two pink wires, how do I know which one's go to the maft, and which one's don't?

-Devon Goodspeed

sounds like someone cut off the MAF connector.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
yes, hence the situation that I am in. It was my assumption that the colors off of the maf connector lined up with the colors on the MAFT itself, but that's where I ran into the problem with the doubles of certain colors...

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
I think that is the reason I didnt buy it. I was looking at a MAFT that had theconnector cut off it and the guy had no Idea where or why he cut it off. I told him that you indeed need that connector to Simplify things and ensure things were connected Properly. Hope you get it all figured out.

Robert