inner tire wear

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
i have Tokico/Eibach set up and I'm getting wear in my inner front tires.

Should i go get it re-aligned?

its really a small diff from the inside and outside of the tire.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
i got it aligned .8miles after the suspension change.
he must of been a little off because i have done nothing to mess up the alignment.

i took it to sears

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
sears, there is the issue. try to find a shop that has delt with modified cars, and that will spend some time with your car. The alignment from a good shop should be between $70-100, as it will take them over an hour to do. However places like ken towrys have the equipment to do a good alignment you just have to know a tech there that can align the car to meet your specifications

WesPatt

Dec 3, 2008
Nashville Tennessee
Yeah definitely ^ a good alignment is key. Although, I ran into a problem with my coilover's, a perfect alignment wasn't possible. Me thinks if you're going to drop the car significantly and still keep a 0.0 camber, you should look into getting modified A frames. The best the Tech could do with mine was like 1.2 or something. Prematurely wore the Inner tire down, and probably lost bout 5000 miles of life with them, but that's the price of dropping a car I guess. and mine is low as balls lol.

Best to keep a good eye on the tires if you're still driving on them, mine was showing steel strands before I took them off, without me noticing, gotta really get down and look at the inner side. GL man

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
^ maybe you should invest in a pair of adjustable arms... The front should be able to be in spec no matter how low, the rear is the one that after being lowered, i think 2 inches is when you can only get the toe or camber correct not both.