Injectors sticking open After Stinger EMS install

s14eva1

Sep 28, 2006
SFL
I have an SC400 with 2jzgte Aristo auto/PT67 Stinger 4424 EMS.....stock 440 injectors are still in.

Problem....when the key is turned to the on position(before its fired up) the injectors fire and flood the motor.I would hear a clicking/sparking sound coming from the engine bay at the same time.On the laptop the rpm signal jumps around like if it has interference.If I turn the key quickly and fire the car up it will run perfect with no issues and we are able to tune the car.

The stinger 4424 EMS is wired up like a piggy back,stock computer is still in there to control A/C and auto trans.

Its an annoying problem that I need fixed,if someone has experience with wiring a Stinger on a 2jz,please help me out.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I believe you have an issue with your RPM signal. If you key on and the RPM jumps by itself, there is definitely an issue there. It should obviously be at zero. I know you said you are running it like a piggyback so maybe there is a wiring issue.

If you remove the Stinger from the car and try to start off the stock 2JZ-GTE Aristo computer, does the car start and run without flooding the cylinders if you dont turn the key quickly?

If it start correctly, you have an issue with the wiring to the EMS. If if does not start correctly, then there is a problem with the wiring, sensors or stock computer that you will have to check.

Is your check engine light working? If so, try to see if you can pull some codes to see if anything pops up.

s14eva1

Sep 28, 2006
SFL
thanks for the input guys.....Im gonna try these steps

btw: If the injectors were wired up wrong,is the car supposed to fire up and run fine? Im able to drive it and get under boost with no issue....only thing right now is that I get a small popping at idle with load on the motor(may just need some adjustments in the map under 800rpms).Im thinking its one of my coil packs,but the weired thing is that it never did it before on the stock ecu or when it had the safc,boost cut,and speed cut installed.

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
If your tach is jumping then the ecu thinks there is RPM even when there is not, That is why it is firing the injectors fix your tach problem and i bet you will fix the other problem.