Injector resistor bypass=87 mkIII. to run high imp 550cc injectors

87suprat

Sep 11, 2012
salem
IMG_1481_B.jpg Its behind the driver side Strut. unplug conector find the 12v lead and build a wire the goes one to three. that way your putting 12v directly to the injectors bypassing the resistor. theres only 4 wires 1 wire runs 2 injectors dont be confused. This thread is just for tards like me:icon_razz

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
RiyadYar;1902139 said:
what are those benefits ?

They work much better. Because the current is higher, the injector can mechanically open as fast as the electronic signal controlling it. These injectors are sometimes called peak and hold. Yeah, google it and find out why they not "minimal at best".

Last edited:

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Wrong, peak and hold are low impedance injectors, saturated are high impedance injectors. They open 1 or 2 milliseconds faster and the difference is only noticeable when trying to tune larger than 1000cc injectors, and if the injectors are old as dirt. Both injectors work exactly the same, neither one works better or worse.

Times have changed, pintles weigh next to nothing and the opening time isn't as different between the two as it used to be.

I will point out that although you can use high impedance injectors on low impedance circuitry, you should not do the opposite unless you want burnt up wiring.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
^ Much of that info is wrong. As for being minimal at best, that's why Toyota put them on the engine right? It always cracks me up when kids think they know more than the world's largest and best engineered automaker...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
jetjock;1902281 said:
It always cracks me up when kids think they know more than the world's largest and best engineered automaker...

He was QA/QC on the LFA. He had to correct them all the time. That is what took those morons so long to produce it. They couldn't get it right, and he had to keep coming to the lab.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
jetjock;1902281 said:
^ Much of that info is wrong. As for being minimal at best, that's why Toyota put them on the engine right? It always cracks me up when kids think they know more than the world's largest and best engineered automaker...

So your car is stock hmm?

Not much to argue about really, with the electrical background of yours you should know you can use high impedance injectors on a low impedance circuit. And if you disagree, I'd laugh and take a picture of my engine and tell you you're wrong.

http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/faqs/#5

Today’s high impedance injectors, however, are able to outperform those older low impedance injectors at larger flow rates due to their newer designs, tighter manufacturing tolerances and much lighter moving parts(examples are our 900cc, 1100cc and 2150cc/min injectors). A valve and spring assembly from a current high-z injector may weigh less than 1/3rd of the assembly from an older injector.

This isn't 1987 anymore pops.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
High amperage will open faster, all else being equal. Toyota went to high impedance injectors to save manufacuring costs and reliabilit (deposits-heat) increases. Not because they work better. Large injectors are still low impedance, but with the lighter components. You are like those that say two turbos (half the energy driving each) will respond faster than one. When in fact, it is the small size that is responding faster. Only half the story....junior.

Removing a turbocharger will save costs and be more reliable. Therefore it is better for performance, right? Anyway, do what you want.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Nick M;1902381 said:
High amperage will open faster, all else being equal.

Absolutely agree (under those strict circumstances)! That's boiling the argument down quite a bit though.

I tried pretty hard to find out what modern cars being produced (or have been produced recently) use high/low impedance...and besides finding out (unsurprisingly) that mustangs/camaros(LS1s)/challengers use high impedance I couldn't find much.

Nick M;1902381 said:
....junior.

jetjock;1902281 said:

SideWinderGX;1902313 said:

I like my baby face, thank you.

Last edited: